TERRACE RCMP officers responded to approximately 100 calls for service from September 13, 8 AM till September 16, 8 AM. During the same time period there were nine people lodged in Terrace Cells. Seven of these people were lodged for public intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
- A LG Nexus cell phone was found in the tennis court near the Terrace Arena on Friday morning.
- Possible impaired in a white 1998 Dodge pickup truck heading west from Walmart. Checks were done of the area. An hour later police observed the truck driving aggressively on Lakelse Ave and pulled it over. The 20 yr old driver had a class 7 driver’s licence. He proved two samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in warns. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Two intoxicated men got into a fight over their last joint. A 22 yr old man punched the other man causing an injury. He felt bad for causing an injury to his friend so held a knife to his own throat. The injured friend pulled the knife away but received an injury in the process. Police apprehended the 22 yr old man under the Mental Health Act and transported him to Mills Memorial Hospital. The men agreed to sort out their differences when sober.
- Police observed a white Ford F250 parked with the engine running on the shoulder of the road at Pear St/Goulet Ave. The driver was passed out. The 56 yr old driver provided a sample of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in a fail. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Vandalism to a building on Kalum St. A piece of glass of a door was kicked in.
- Motor vehicle incident on Lakelse/Apsley. A dark grey BMW rear ended a vehicle. Minor injuries. Under investigation.
- An intoxicated man broke the main front door of the Northern Motor Inn Saturday night. Police located the 23 yr old man in the parking lot and arrested him. The door was repairable.
- A blue 1996 Ford Contour was observed to commit vehicle infractions and pulled over on Clark St/Hwy 16 east. The 51 yr old driver provided two samples of breath into a roadside screening device which resulted in fails. He was issued an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- A set of keys with one Ford key and one silver key attached to a lanyard with a blue flashlight was lost on Ferry Island on Sunday evening.
- A man was observed to get out of the driver’s seat of a white Ford truck that pulled over to the side of the road at Hwy 16 West and Old Lakelse Lake Dr. Police located the 42 yr old man in the Mac’s Convenience Store and arrested him for impaired driving. He refused to provide a sample of breath. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- An older Telus LG flip style phone and a container of pepper spray was lost in the vicinity of Canada Trust Building on Sunday.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at External link, opens in a new windowwww.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.