During the period from September 10, 8 AM to September 12, 8 AM, Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 44 complaints. Four of these calls were for false alarms/911 calls.
During the same time period 7 people were lodged in cells. Three of these were for public intoxication.
Here are some of the calls Terrace RCMP responded to:
- A brown and gold lady’s purse left at the Northern Motor Inn five weeks ago was turned into the detachment.
- Theft of cardboard cutout of manager of Save On Foods was stolen. Images have been appearing on Facebook of the cut out. Under investigation.
- A woman let another woman whom she was drinking with stay at her residence for the night. When this woman woke up and left she took two left boots and a quilt with her. Police spoke with her.this woman. She did not realize she had taken two left boots due to her level of intoxication. She took the quilt because she was cold. All items were returned to their owner.
- Fight at McDonald’s. Police transported a 17 yr old man to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries. The fight was consensual.
- Three teens were using marihuana in the Cassie Hall Elementary School playground. Police spoke with two women ages 19 and 18 and one man 19 yrs of age.
- Two suspicious men in the bushes near Park Ave and Davis Ave. Police spoke with a 45 yr old man. He had set up camp in the bush for the night and was not suspicious.
- An intoxicated man freaking out at a residence on Pear St. The man was destroying property inside of the joint residence. Police arrested an 18 yr old man for breach of the peace. Charges of breach of no consume alcohol are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Domestic dispute. Police spoke with the people involved. The argument was verbal and physical and involved both people. No one was injured. They were both intoxicated. They were separated for the night.
- Two car collision at Hwy 16 west and Kenney St. A red 1987 Ford Mustang was traveling westbound on Hwy 16 and a white 1987 Toyota van was eastbound on Hwy 16 and turning. The van had to be towed. The two drivers and a child in the Mustang were uninjured.
- Two unlocked vehicles parked on Park Ave were rummaged thru during the night.
- Loss Prevention Officer of Walmart detained a 39 yr old woman for shoplifting. Police attended and arrested the woman for theft. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- A grey 2009 Chevrolet Cobra was victim of a hit and run while parked at the Treaty Office on Spokeshute St. Damage was sustained to the rear bumper.
- A woman threatened to kill another woman’s beagle. Police spoke with the people involved. The woman was upset that the dog had barked at her.
- Police gave advice on a landlord / tenant issue. The tenant has not paid rent in some time and is conducting unlawful activities in the residence.
- Theft from two boats that were stored in a backyard on Queensway Dr. Fishing tackle, five fishing rods, and a depth sounder were stolen. The theft may have occurred on September 8.
- An intoxicated woman was refusing to leave a residence on Greig Ave. Police arrested the 27 yr old woman. She was breaching her conditions of not to consume alcohol. Charges are not being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).