HERE’S SOME of the incidents that police dealt with in the past 24 hours.
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 20 calls for service from October 23, 8 a.m. until October 24, 8 a.m. During the same time period, three people were lodged in Terrace cells. Two were for public intoxication.
- a man hitting the window of an office on Lakelse Ave. / Emerson St.
- intoxicated man passed out in the washroom of Elephant Ear Bistro. Police arrested a 23-year-old man for public intoxication.
- a report of a man being kicked in the face by a bus driver on Keith Ave. Under investigation.
- woman passed out behind the medical clinic on Park Ave. Police found an 18-year-old man and arrested him for public intoxication.
- theft from a vehicle parked on Kerr St.
- a man acting in a wild aggressive manner outside of the Shelter on Hall St. He left prior to police attendance. Checks were done of area.
- speeding dump trucks on Dairy Ave. Police spoke with the driver of one of the trucks.
- false residential alarm on Best St.
- false residential alarm on Loen Ave.
- two hitchhikers jumping in and out of traffic on Kalum Lake Dr. near the city cemetery. Police spoke with two men ages 63 and 23 and found alternate arrangements for a ride north.
- two roommates arguing over whether one was allowed to have friends over. Police spoke with the two men.
- false business alarm on Lakelse Ave.
- a single rifle round was taken from a boy on Hanson St. and turned into the detachment for destruction.
- a wallet was found and arrangements were made for the owner to pick it up at the detachment.
- runaway 12-year-old. Police located her and apprehended her. The youth attempted to kick and bite police officers. Police have requested the assistance of Ministry of Children and Families in this ongoing issue.
- familial dispute. An assault occurred. Under investigation.
- well-being check of a person who hasn’t been heard from in a while. He was fine.
- break and enter to a residence on Lodgepole St. Several electronics, jewelry, and cash was stolen.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at 250-638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).