The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 24 calls for service from August 6th, 8 AM till August 7th, 8 AM. During the same time period there have been 5 people lodged in Terrace Cells. Three of these people were lodged for public intoxication.
- a wallet containing various cards and ID was lost in the Safeway parking lot
- hit and run in the Safeway parking lot at 10:30 AM. A yellow vehicle struck a grey 2010 Honda CRV causing minor damage.
- woman lying down on the ground on Kalum St near Sears. Police located a group of people and transported a 25 yr old woman and a 42 yr old man to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- man down in a back alley of Greig Ave. Emergency Health Services attended and assessed the man. The 23 yr old man was arrested for public intoxication.
- during patrol police observed an intoxicated woman stumbling and falling down on Lazelle Ave. The 34 yr old woman was arrested for public intoxication.
- during patrol police observed an intoxicated man at Lakelse Ave/Kalum St. The 43 yr old man was arrested for public intoxication.
- a long ladder being bounced along buildings on Lakelse Ave at 2 AM. A person trying windows and doors of businesses. Checks were done of the area.
- two people drunk in the library park. Checks were done of area.
- a white Iphone 5 in an orange case was lost on Saturday August 3rd outside of a residence on Kerr St.
- a man standing in the middle of a driveway not allowing a vehicle to back out on Soucie Ave. The man was yelling and swearing at the driver. He left on his own accord prior to police attendance.
- assist another police agency
- ongoing familial dispute. A 29 yr old man was arrested. Police discussed various options with the family.
- a clarinet was stolen from a business, occurred about a week ago. Under investigation.
- missing four year old girl. She was located. Miscommunication between family members.
- harassment. A woman keeps telling stories and yelling at another woman.
- breach of a no contact condition. A domestic situation. Under investigation.
- Facebook threat. Police spoke with the woman. Under investigation.
- possible impaired driver heading over the new bridge towards Walmart in a white truck with a camperette pulling a storage trailer.
- keys and a black Columbian jacket stolen at the Airport. They were on the back of a lawn chair.
- police assisted a woman with gathering belongings in a separation.
- investigation of an assault that occurred in Kitimat
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.