HERE ARE the events requiring the presence of Terrace RCMP officers from 8 am Dec. 8 to 9 am Dec. 9.
– rocks being thrown at the back door of a business on Lazelle Ave
– report of a vehicle following a man. The registered owner of the vehicle was contacted.
– police were investigating a matter at the Skeena Mall. An intoxicated woman approached police and began to yell and swear at them. She was arrested for public intoxication.
– a man passed out on the toilet at Tim Horton’s on Lakelse Ave. Police woke him up and sent him home.
– group of people causing a disturbance on Greig Ave. Checks were done of area.
– police observed an intoxicated man on the train tracks. He was arrested for public intoxication.
– a second man has been arrested for the break and enter to J & F Distributors on Dec. 8, 2011. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– neighborhood dispute consisting of name calling on Scott Ave.
– false residential alarm on Temple St
– report of a person selling baby walkers on Facebook
– a mother and her 18 yr old daughter were arrested by the Loss Prevention Officer at Walmart for shoplifting.
– police observed a woman driving a truck that was not allowed to be on the road. The vehicle was towed and the driver was issued a violation ticket.
– a man was threatening a woman via Facebook and Yahoo Messenger. He told her that he had naked pictures of her and that he would put them on the internet if she did not send him money in Nigeria. She was advised to block and delete the man from Facebook and Yahoo Messenger and report the incident to their security departments.
– a 14 yr old girl was reported missing. She was located in the company of 14 yr old boy that she is on conditions to have no contact with. She was arrested. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel. Police have had 48 contacts with this youth for the year 2011.
– a 14 yr old boy was reported missing and in breach of a curfew condition. He was located with a 14 yr old girl that he is on conditions to have no contact with. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– an 18 yr old man was arrested for public intoxication at the Library Park.
– report of a man getting beat up with a baseball bat. It was unsubstantiated.
– report of a person on the roof of a business on Kalum St. Checks were done of area.
– false business alarm on Kalum St
– a woman was driving on River Dr. She stopped when a bright light was shone in her face. Two males approached her vehicle and tried to open the front doors. She asked what they were doing and one told her to mind her own business. She drove away. One man was described as Caucasian, skinny, dirty blonde hair, blue jeans, and a dark plaid jacket. Checks were done of area.
– suicidal 16 yr old girl on Merkley Rd. She was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital via BC Ambulance.
– sexual assault investigation
– woman reported that she had provided all of her information over the phone to a debt company, and now she is unsure if it is legit and didn’t feel comfortable. Police advised her to call the company back and cancel her agreement with them. Under investigation.
– false 911 cell call.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.