The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 32 calls for service from September 10th, 8 AM till September 11th, 8 AM. During the same time period three people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Two of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- Domestic dispute. Police spoke with the people involved. Verbal dispute only.
- Theft from an unlocked utility box that was on the deck of a white 1992 International Drill truck parked at the Coast Inn sometime between 11:30 PM and 6 AM during the night of September 9/10. A Genset 2000 Watt generator, Mastercraft wrench set, Impact socket set, and a ridged pipe wrench were stolen. All items are marked with engraving
104and possibly a Sonic Drilling decal.
- Theft of a black backpack. The backpack was left near the Coast Inn at approximately 12:30 AM and when the owner returned an hour later it was gone.
- Assault at the Skeena Mall. Police spoke with the people involved. Unsubstantiated. A resolution was reached.
- Group of youth causing a disturbance outside of McDonald’s. Checks were done of the area.
- Intoxicated man outside of McDonald’s in a navy hoodie. Checks were done of the area.
- Police observed a man sleeping at the corner of Emerson St/Lakelse Ave. Police woke the 63 yr old man up, determined he was intoxicated, and arrested him.
- A fanny pack was found and returned to its owner.
- A blue/grey 21 speed CCM mountain bike was found in the bushes off of Christy Park.
- Assist Prince Rupert RCMP with document service.
- Harassment complaint. Two people insist on aggravating one another when they bump into each other around town. Police discussed possible solutions to this ongoing problem, such as avoiding and ignoring the other person.
- A man assaulted staff at the casino by spitting on them. Police arrested a 48 yr old man. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Group of intoxicated youth in a vacant lot on Park Ave. The group dispersed on police arrival. A 15 yr old girl was left lying on the ground in a non-responsive state. Police requested the assistance of BC Ambulance due to the level of intoxication of the girl. She was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital. An intoxicated 14 yr old boy in the area was arrested.
- A woman screaming at her children. Police spoke with the woman. No concerns.
- Intoxicated man falling on Kalum St. Police spoke with the man. He was mostly sober and at his destination.
- 19 yr old woman behaving in an erratic manner. Police found the woman sitting on a curb and apprehended her under the Mental Health Act. She was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- Intoxicated man playing loud music at a residence on Tuck Ave. Police spoke with the man. A short time later police were called back when the man decided to ride his bike on the roadway in an intoxicated state, fall down, and cause a disturbance. The 66 yr old man was arrested.
- Impaired driver in a grey 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier. Police pulled the vehicle over on Kenny St. Unsubstantiated.
- A black car and a black truck involved in some type of dispute. Investigation determined that he vehicle was associated to another call of a domestic dispute. The people involved were spoken with.
- Domestic dispute. Police spoke with the people involved.
- Familial dispute. Concerns over the sobriety of a caregiver. Police spoke with the people involved. Unsubstantiated.
- Assist Kitimat RCMP with an investigation
- Group of people yelling and somebody on the ground on Kalum St/Davis Ave. Police spoke with a group.
- The odour of marihuana coming from a basement apartment on Hamer Ave. Checks were done of the apartment.
- A wall of the Telus building was spray painted and feces was left outside of the building.
- Possible breach of a no contact condition. Under investigation.
- A man displayed belligerent and angry behavior during a familial issue. Under investigation.
- Erratic driver in a white sedan type car on Hwy 16 driving towards Terrace from Prince Rupert. Checks of the area were done.
- Missing bumper off a vehicle parked at the Terrace Airport
- A blue 2000 Honda CRV hit the ditch and rolled 2 or 3 times before coming to rest in some willows on Hwy 16 west near Shames Mountain Rd. No injuries. The vehicle sustained major damage and was towed.
- Erratic driver on Hwy 16 east near Copper River Rd. The semi was located in town and the driver spoken with.
If you have information about this crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.