HERE are the incidents requiring the presence of Terrace RCMP officers from 8 am Feb. 9 to 8 am Feb. 10.
– three men arrested for public intoxication on Lakelse Ave, separate incidents
– Loss Prevention Officer of Save On Foods arrested a 24 yr old man for shoplifting. When he learnt that police were called, he attempted to leave with his baby. Police attended and arrested the man for theft and resisting arrest. Police also contacted the other parent to attend to take custody of the baby. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– consensual fight between a 16 yr old boy and a 17 yr old boy at McDonald’s. Police learnt thru investigation that the fight was called a “friendly” fight, set up on Facebook prior. Police warned all parties involved that if “friendly” fights continued charges could be forwarded.
– report of an intoxicated couple outside of the Best Western. They were refused service from the taxi company due to their level of intoxication and questionable hygiene. Police did checks of the area.
– intoxicated woman in a red coat and a backpack panhandling in front of the Coast. Checks were done of area.
– a silver, 2005, 4 door, Dodge Neon, BC LP # 556 TJF was stolen last night from the parking lot of the mini mall behind Mr. Mike’s sometime between midnight and 2 AM.
– report of a man being jumped by a woman at the Soup Kitchen on Sparks St. Police located the man a short distance away. He was not cooperative with police. He did not have an injury.
– a landlord / tenant dispute over mail. Police gave advice on the matter.
– third party complaint of a domestic dispute. Parties involved refused to cooperate.
– a white 2010 F-350 passed a vehicle in the school zone of Uplands School. The registered owner was spoken with.
– a black 2007 Chev Equinox driving down Walsh Ave at approximately 7 PM had its window broken when another vehicle went past it. The damage to the windshield was extensive and almost punched a hole thru on the passenger’s side. Police suspect that something was thrown at the vehicle.
– intoxicated man refusing to leave a residence on Haugland Ave. He was located en route to the Men’s Shelter.
– domestic dispute. The man was arrested for three breaches: not to contact , not to go to a residence, and not to consume alcohol. The woman was arrested for assault. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel for both people.
– a man leaving the Men’s Shelter was arrested for public intoxication
– a teen age boy dressed in black was looking at a house on Dobbie St at approximately 6 PM. Police did checks of the area and ensured the residence was secure.
– vehicle check on Old Lakelse Lake Rd. The occupants of the vehicle are known to police. The vehcile was being rented. The owner of the rental dealership was contacted and advised of the questionable activity concerning the rental vehicle. The owner attempted to contact the person renting the vehicle, but discovered that the information that was provided led to no where. Police assisted the owner in locating the vehicle on Larch Ave and the owner reclaimed it.
– a person reported that a bogus Facebook account is set up in their name. Facebook will be dealing with the matter.
– a man passed out in a snowbank. He was arrested for public intoxication.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com