The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 26 calls for service from Oct. 20, 8 a.m. till Oct. 21, 8 a.m. During the same time period five people were lodged in Terrace cells. Two of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- Intoxicated man attempted to get into a business on Park Ave. He was verbally aggressive when denied access. Police located the adult man a short distance away and he was arrested.
- A red 1997 VW Jetta struck a cyclist on Emerson St. The adult cyclist was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital with minor injuries.
- Intoxicated man yelling and threatening people at the Royal Bank. Checks determined that the man was in breach of probation condition of not to be in the public when intoxicated. The 22 yr old man was arrested and is held for court.
- False business alarm on Kalum St.
- Multiple warrants were issued for a 40 yr old man. They were executed because he was already in cells.
- A warrant was issued for a man for failing to comply with Recognizance. The 23 yr old man was arrested.
- Fraud. The owner of a business in town received fictitious invoices from companies in Verdun, Quebec demanding payment. The companies called themselves
411 Media pagesand Publication Internet Mondiale. Both companies had blank websites and attempted to call the business owner for payment. They hung up immediately when the Terrace business owner said he as reporting the incident to the police. No money was lost.
- A rifle and ammunition no longer wanted. Police picked them up from the person for local destruction.
- A warrant was issued for a 33 yr old woman for failing to attend court.
- Erratic driver in a red truck displaying an N behind the Terrace Court House. Police pulled the vehicle over on Kalum St/Olsen Ave and spoke with the driver.
- Shoplifter at Walmart arrested by employee. Police arrested the adult man and escorted him off the property. He is banned for a year.
- A man refusing to leave a residence on Mills Ave. Checks determined that the man had an outstanding warrant for his arrest. The 23 yr old man was arrested and is held for court.
- A woman was pepper sprayed by her neighbour on Greig Ave. Police arrested an adult man. Under investigation.
- Domestic dispute in a motel on Hwy 16 west. Police spoke with a woman. An offence could not be determined.
- A red 1998 Ford Escort was pulled over on Hwy 16 at Ferry Island. The 60 yr old driver provided a sample of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in a fail. He was transported to the detachment where he provided two samples of breath that were over three times the legal limit. He did not have valid driver’s licence. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- General assistance file.
- Breach of a no contact condition. Unsubstantiated.
- Fight at the Library Park.
- Domestic dispute. Police spoke with the people involved. An offence could not be determined.
- Familial dispute. Police escorted to retrieve personal belongings. A resolution was reached.
- Erratic driver in a blue 2008 Pontiac G5. Police spoke with the registered owner who is going to deal with the situation.
- Break and enter to a business on Friday, October 16th, on River Dr. Several old laptops, a newer model laptop, and a Smart TV were stolen.
- Intoxicated fight. Police arrested an adult man.
- Abandoned vehicle on Hwy 37 near Furlong Bay. Police conducted checks on the vehicle. No issues.
- False residential alarm on Alder Ave.
- A black Ford Explorer in the ditch on Old Remo Rd.