TWO MEN fled when they were caught in the act of attempting to steal a bobcat from a residence on Old Remo Road, report Terrace RCMP.
On December 17 at approximately 2 PM a man inside of his residence heard the engine of his bobcat start. He ran outside and confronted two men. The men claimed to have need of the bobcat to pull out a stuck truck and that they had attended the front door of the residence. The residence owner noted that there were no footprints in the snow leading to his front door. The men left on foot.
One of the men is described as short and stalky approximately 230 lbs.
Over the next couple months many people in Terrace will be taking a break from the winter by vacationing someplace hot and sunny. It is important to take extra care in securing your home and property when you are going to be away for an extended time. Not only should your home be secure but it should also appear lived in, says Cst Angela Rabut, media relations officer Terrace Detachment.
- Lock all windows, doors and garage before you leave.
- Leave a radio playing to indicate that someone is home.
- Leave one or two lights on, preferably operated by timers that turn on according to how dark it is.
- Discontinue mail and newspaper deliveries.
- Arrange to have someone pick up any newspapers, mail or flyers that are left on your step.
- Leave a key with someone you trust.
- Let a trusted neighbour know you’re going to be away, for how long and where you can be contacted if necessary.
- Arrange to have someone shovel the snow if you plan to be away for several days.