It's that time of the year, when graduates are filing off their report cards and transcripts to the programs and universities they're eyeing as their new four-year homes.
And after all that work just to get in, to beat the odds and a whole lot of other applicants, they could use some aid.
That's why Black Press will be supplying up to 37 freshman students accepted to the University of Victoria's Peter B. Gustavson School of Business with $5,000 annual scholarships – for students in several communities and districts Black Press's newspapers serve.
Applying for the scholarship is simple: every high school student accepted into the School of Business will be automatically considered for the $5,000, but the deadline to apply is February 28, 2015.
More information can be found on UVic's website.
To qualify, students must:
- Complete an application to the BCom program or be a returning student to the University of Victoria Gustavson School of Business. If you have not already applied to BCom, visit our admissions page for details;
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement;
- Have demonstrated involvement in a community or campus organization;
- Highlight your personal goals, ambition and judgement of ethical behaviour;
- Graduate from one of the participating school districts (link above).