The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 43 calls for service from July 23rd, 8 a.m. till July 24th, 8 a.m. During the same time period eight people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Three of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- A brown leather wallet was mailed to the RCMP and returned to its owner.
- Intoxicated man passed out on Lazelle Ave. Police arrested a 37 yr old man.
- A wallet was left behind at the Scotiabank.
- A man entered a store on Lakelse Ave and took pictures of the employees. Police spoke with the employees. Checks were done of the area.
- A concerned citizen was worried about a man sitting in a wheelchair on Lakelse Ave because she saw him there two days prior. Police spoke with the man who was fine.
- Intoxicated man unable to sit on a bench on Lakelse Ave. Police arrested a 72 yr old man.
- Suspicious vehicle parked at the end of Lazelle Ave with a man and woman arguing. Police spoke with the man and woman. The woman had an outstanding warrant for her arrest out of Prince Rupert. The warrant was executed. A second call was received on the couple. Police reattended. No offence committed.
- A red car parked in front of a fire hydrant on Graham Ave. Ongoing issue. Police spoke with the registered owner.
- 911 call from a residence on Straume Ave. Children were playing with the phone.
- Domestic issue. Police spoke with a woman and gave advice on the matter. No offence committed.
- Concerns with a family member on whom she is living with. Under investigation.
- False residential alarm on Westview Dr.
- AWOL patient from Mills Memorial Hospital. He returned on his own a short time later.
- A red 2013 Ford Escape collided with a cement barrier on Keith Ave/Kenny St. No injuries.
- Suspicious vehicle at the Terraceview Lodge. Police spoke with the people involved.
- Two black and yellow semi-trucks driving erratically. Police located the trucks at the Northern Motor Inn. Unsubstantiated.
- Intoxicated woman wandering in and out of traffic on Keith Ave. BC Ambulance transported the woman to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- A woman was honked at and she didn’t like it.
- Threatening texts. Police spoke with the people involved.
- A person gave a person money and was now receiving suspicious phone calls. Police spoke with a man.
- Facebook threat. Under investigation.
- Intoxicated group near the George Little Park. Checks were done of the area.
- A 7 yr old boy was bitten by a dog. The bite was minor. The dog was on a leash. Police gave advice on the matter.
- Assist Ministry of Children and Families with two investigations.
- A woman woke up to find a man sitting at her kitchen table drinking a beer and smoking a cigarette. Police spoke with an intoxicated man and woman who stated the man fled when they asked him his name. Checks were done of the area.
- A fire was deliberately set behind the ET Kenney School on Loen Ave. Grass was burnt.
- A PAL was lost.
- A woman yelling at her children and threatening to hit them on Haugland Ave. Checks were done of the area.
- False residential alarm on Churchill Dr.
- A red Jeep Cherokee and a blue SUV causing mischief at the old Copper Mountain School. Barricades were moved to gain access to the school yard. Under investigation.
- Intoxicated man sitting on the front steps of a residence and refusing to leave. He left prior to police attendance. Checks were done of the area.
- A white Honda Civic was pulled over on Paquette Ave. The 22 yr old driver had a notice to serve a driving prohibition. Same done.
- The window of a red 2008 Ford F350 was smashed out while parked at the car pool spot on Hwy 37 on July 18th between 5:45 PM and 7 PM.
- A man and woman were caught stealing from an unlocked white 1995 Toyota truck parked at a residence on Hwy 16. The woman fled on a bike. The man fled on foot through the bushes towards the Skeena River. A set of binoculars were stolen. The woman is described as Caucasian, 40 yrs old, slim, brown hair in a ponytail, wearing a white jacket with a black shirt and a brown sweater, black pants, and a backpack. The man is described as Caucasian, 40 yrs, 6 ft tall, burly, shaved head, wearing baggy clothing and an orange/white ball cap.
- False residential alarm on McBride Ave.
- Possible impaired driver in a brown older model Ford truck. Police pulled the truck over. The driver was sober.
- Fishermen trespassing on CN property. People were dispersed. Drugs and drug paraphernalia were seized and destroyed from a man and a woman.
- Possible impaired driver in a blue Dodge truck. The vehicle was pulled over. The driver was sober.
- An intoxicated 23 yr old man refusing to go home with his parent. Police arrested the man.
- Noise complaint. A party was shut down.
- Nothing to report
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by textingTERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.