The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 31 calls for service from December 22nd, 8 AM till December 23rd, 8 AM. During the same time period ten people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Seven of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- A grey Subaru Legacy failed to stop after it hit a white Nissan Altima in the parking lot of the Royal Bank. A witness assisted police and the suspect vehicle was identified. Minor damage to both vehicles.
- Intoxicated man causing problems at the Liquor Store on Lakelse Ave. An elderly man was arrested.
- Shoplifter at Safeway was arrested by an employee. Police transported the youth to their parent.
- Fight in front of Dairy Queen. Police located a woman suffering facial injuries being carried and dragged by two men. BC Ambulance transported the woman to Mills Memorial Hospital. One intoxicated man was arrested when he refused to cooperate with police direction. Under investigation.
- Two intoxicated men on Park Ave. Checks of the area were done.
- Two youth helped themselves to some food at Safeway. Investigation determined that only one youth was the thief and they were transported to their guardian. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Road rage incident. The altercation ended in a collision on Kalum St. Minor damage to both vehicles. Both drivers were spoken with.
- A window of a vacant business on Lakelse Ave was busted when the driver of a car forgot to put the car in park when he stopped. The situation resolved itself.
- A gold ring in a killer whale motif was lost last week.
- A man sleeping at a bus stop. The intoxicated adult man was arrested.
- Police encountered an intoxicated person on Lakelse Ave. The adult woman was arrested.
- A missing woman. She returned on her own a short time later.
- A permit was applied for and denied.
- A warrant was issued for a 27 yr old man and a 41 yr old man for failing to attend court.
- A woman passed out in the ball field. The adult woman was arrested.
- Harassment. Police spoke with a person.
- Threats. Police spoke with a person. The situation had resolved itself.
- Wellbeing check. The person was fine.
- Abandoned 911 call. It was a medical emergency.
- A woman locked in a shed screaming for help. Police spoke with the people involved. No offence committed. A resolution was reached.
- Intoxicated ex hanging around a residence where he is not welcome. Police arrested an adult man.
- Missing youth. He returned on his own accord a short time later.
- Suicidal woman injuring herself. Police apprehended an adult woman under the Mental Health Act and transported her to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- Loud party. Police spoke with some people who were playing a video game.
- A barking dog on Eagle Place. Checks of the area were done.
- Domestic disturbance. Police woke up the couple. All was fine.
- Intoxicated couple fighting on Tetrault St. Police arrested an adult woman. Under investigation.
- A man throwing garbage on the road near Davis Ave. Checks of the area were done.
- An intoxicated man walking through a yard on Crescent St. Police spoke with the man.
- Familial dispute turned to violence. Police spoke with the people involved and a resolution was reached.
- A warrant was issued for a 40 yr old man for failing to comply with probation.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.