NEW HAZELTON RCMP responded to a total of 102 calls during the week of December 27 – January 2
* December 29, Police attended a non suspicious chimney fire on the Kispiox Valley Road.
* December 30, Police were onscene when two fights between intoxicated individuals occurred outside the Lions Hall. Two males were arrested and transported to the New Hazelton detachment.
* January 1, An intoxicated male was found outside the Lions Hall punching the wall. He was arrested and transported to New Hazelton detachment.
* January 1, Police happened across a vehicle stuck in the ditch near the Kitwangak bridge. The driver was attempting to free the vehicle. The driver was noted to have an odor of liquor on his breath. The vehicle was impounded and the driver’s licence suspended for 90 days under provincial legislation.
* January 1, Police were called to assist a female walking down Cottonwood Drive wearing only pajamas and without shoes.
* January 2, Police attended 4th Ave in Gitanyow where a male had broken his arm while punching a cement wall.
* January 2, A traffic stop on a vehicle with a burnt out headlight revealed the driver to be in breach of an undertaking by being in contact with a passenger in the vehicle. Charges are being forwarded for Crown approval.
* New Hazelton RCMP are reminding drivers to slow down and drive with added caution during winter conditions. Several collisions on local roads have been the result of driving too fast for road conditions.
* Police are seeking the following subjects on outstanding warrants:
Robert Thomas [assault and failing to appear.]
Gerald Blackwater [breach of undertaking]