The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 48 calls for service from June 27th, 8 am till June 28th, 8 am. During the same time period six people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Four of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- A Ford truck hit a Porsche in the parking lot of Mr. Mike’s and failed to stop. The damage was minor.
- Barking dog, possibly in distress, in the area of 4700 block of Lakelse Ave. Checks of the area were done.
- Suspicious person. Police spoke with the business owner.
- A person smoking dope near the bus shelter. Checks of the area were done.
- A man passed out at a business in the Skeena Mall. Police arrested the man and he was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- A man passed out in an alley off of Lakelse Ave. Checks of the area were done.
- Intoxicated person in Brolly Square. The person left prior to police attendance.
- Woman passed out in the ATM of Bank of Montreal. Checks of the area were done.
- Drug information received.
- A black IPhone 6 was lost on June 23rd along Hwy 37.
- Neighborhood dispute. Ongoing issue of name calling. Under investigation.
- Stolen license plate. The plate was not stolen. Miscommunication.
- A black leather bifold wallet was lost outside of the Tillicum Twin Theaters.
- The rear passenger side tire of a grey 2013 Ford Escape was slashed while it was parked in the Walmart parking lot at approximately 3 pm yesterday.
- Missing youth. She was not missing. Miscommunication.
- Intoxicated man left Mills Memorial Hospital. Checks of the area were done.
- Domestic assault. A woman suffered minor injuries. Under investigation.
- Domestic dispute. Police spoke with a person and a resolution was reached.
- Ongoing issue of not following the rules in a soccer league. Police spoke with the people involved.
- Domestic dispute. Police spoke with an intoxicated group of people. No offence, just loud drunks.
- Domestic dispute heard in a street. Checks of the area were done. All was quiet.
- A man sleeping on the ground near Adam St. Checks determined that the man was in breach of conditions of not to consume alcohol and not to be near a certain residence. The 29 yr old man was arrested. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Missing youth. He returned home a short time after the call.
- A man refusing to pay his bill and refusing leave a restaurant. Police spoke with the man and a resolution was reached.
- A man wanting police to arrest a woman to keep her away from him. Police spoke with the man.
- Assist external agency with two investigations.
- Police observed an intoxicated man staggering in front of the detachment. Police arrested the man.
- Erratic driver in a red Dodge Magnum on the Sande Overpass. Checks of the area were done.
- Disturbance on the Millennium trial. Police spoke with two people who went on their way.
- Bike near the Old Bridge. Checks of the area were done.
- Ongoing issue of ATV’s and motorbikes on Furlong Ave and Hagen St. A person stated that they are going to take matters into their own hands. Under investigation.
- False business alarm on Queensway Dr.
- A red Honda Civic was pulled over for going 135 km/hr in a 70 km/hr zone on Hwy 37. The driver had a Class 7 N driver’s license. The vehicle was impounded.
- Intoxicated person causing problems at the Northern. Police arrested the man.
- Deceased 80 yr old man at a residence on Attree Rd.
- Neighbor dispute. Name calling and picture taking. Police spoke with a person.
- A friendly golden retriever lost on Halliwell Ave. Police took the dog to the pound.
- False residential alarm on Arthur Rd.
- Abandoned 911 call on First Ave. Police spoke with the person. The matter had already been reported.
- Break and enter in progress on Roseland Ave. Police spoke with two teens. The incident was a bad prank. Police notified the parents.
- A house burnt completely to the ground and another was partially damaged on First Ave.
- Erratic driver in a van on Hwy 16 west. Checks of the area were done. Further information could not be obtained.
- Stolen vehicle abandoned on Hwy 37. Kitimat RCMP were dealing with the matter.
- Familial dispute. Police spoke with the people involved. A second call was received. An intoxicated man was arrested. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).