Here is a police report on incidences attended to by Terrace RCMP from 12 a.m. Friday March 9 until 8 a.m. this morning, March 12.
– shoplifting from McBike. Police caught the 28 yr old woman near Mark’s Work Wear World and
arrested her for shoplifting. The 41 yr old man fled from police, but was located shortly after and
arrested in the floral cooler of the Safeway. Police also discovered that the woman was wearing
stolen clothing from Mark’s Work Wear World. The pair are on conditions to have no contact with
each other. Charges of theft and breach of recognizance are forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– theft of bicycles. The woman called back shortly after having found her bike.
– a 40 yr old man reported that he had been pushed and threatened by a 28 yr old man while walking
on Greig Ave. Investigation revealed that the 40 yr old man had assaulted a woman. Police arrested
him and released him on various conditions. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– insecure business on Lakelse Ave. An employee had left and forgot to lock the door.
– group of females fighting at the Skeena Mall. Checks were done of area.
– report of a lost green backpack in the 4600 block of Lakelse Ave on the night of March 9/10
containing a new Toshiba laptop, charging cord for IPhone, manuals for Heavy Equipment Operator’s
course, various personal papers.
– report of unrestrained child in a grey 2007 Honda Ridgeline pickup on Lakelse Ave. Police located
the vehicle, containing two children ages 1 and 12. Marihuana could be smelt in the vehicle. An
amount was located and seized.
– a 47 yr old man, a 37 yr old man, and 42 yr old woman were arrested for public intoxication on
Greig Ave after numerous complaints about their behaviour.
– complaint of intoxicated man at Tim Horton’s on Lakelse. Checks were done of area.
– a man attempted to purchase over $1000 worth of merchandise from the Source with a stolen credit
card. He fled the store when his unlawful intentions were revealed. Under investigation.
– false business alarm on Lazelle Ave.
– Loss Prevention Officer of Save On Foods arrested a 17 yr old boy for shoplifting. He was banned
from the store for a year.
– false cellular 911 call
– intoxicated 911 call. Police attended to Emerson St / Lakelse Ave. A group of people were located.
Everyone was intoxicated and fighting. The group was dispersed.
– a 38 yr old man shoplifting from Safeway. A store employee tracked the man to the Bear Country
Inn and retrieved the items. Under investigation.
– group of people fighting at Safeway. Police attended and arrested two instigators, sisters ages 21
and 17 yrs old. Investigation revealed that a 22 yr old man and a 16 yr old woman had fled into the
Safeway Gas Bar. The 21 yr old woman attempted to break the windows to get at the two. Still
RCMP GRC 3616 (2003-05) WPT
Page 2 of 4
– 13 yr old girl reported missing. Police called her friend’s and located her.
– purple wallet containing various ID and cards was lost
– 13 yr old girl reported missing. The mother located her.
– a woman repeatedly calling 911 was told to stop. The calls were non emergency. Under
– man rummaging thru a dumpster on Kalum St. Checks were done of area.
– false 911 cellular call
– familial dispute, father daughter. Police assisted in the matter.
– group of people drinking in Christie Park. Violation tickets were issued and alcohol was destroyed.
A 16 yr old girl was arrested for public intoxication.
– Two intoxicated people observed by police on Kalum St. A 24 yr old man was arrested for
breaching his condition of not to consume alcohol. He was uncooperative with police and attempted
to spit into the face of the arresting officer. Charges of breach of undertaking and assaulting a peace
officer are being forwarded to Crown Counsel. The 35 yr old woman was also arrested for public
– BC Ambulance requested police assistance at a residence on Soucie Ave
– suspicious person attempting to enter apartment building on Walsh Ave. Police located a 22 yr old
man, who was looking for a warm place to sleep. He was transported to the Damp Shelter.
– man howling at moon on Haugland Ave. Checks were done of area.
– noisy party on Sparks St. Checks were done of the apartment building.
– person knocking on door on Pear St. Checks were done of area.
– a man was observed by police attempting to get into the Post Office building. He fled from police.
Police caught up with the man on Emerson St and Park Ave. He was not cooperative. He was
intoxicated and said he did not want to go to jail and attempted to flee again. The police officer got
the man to the ground where he continued to not follow the direction of the police officer. Police
managed to get control of the man. Nothing was found on his person.
– a rock was thrown thru the front window of Misty River Tackle Shop
– a 42 yr old man was arrested for breaching a no contact order at Mills Memorial Hospital. Charges
are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– unwanted man at a residence on Haugland Ave. Police attended and found the residence insecure
and no one in it.
– Loss Prevention Officer of Walmart arrested a 14 yr old boy for shoplifting. He was turned over to
his father and banned from the store.
– false business alarm on Eby St
– wallet lost at Walmart. It was turned into Walmart and returned to its owner.
– intoxicated man yelling and causing problems on Davis Ave. He was arrested for breach of peace.
– 13 yr old girl reported missing. Police located her at a residence and due to the circumstances
there escorted her back to her residence.
– shoplifting from Mark’s Work Wear World. Under investigation.
– a woman went to a residence to collect her belongings and was assaulted by her roommate. Under
– false 911 call from Terrace Arena pay phone.
– report of uttering threats over phone. The victim was not cooperative with police and would not
provide any details. She became hostile and was arrested for public mischief and breach of peace.
The alleged suspect then attended to the residence and also began to cause trouble. He was
intoxicated. He was arrested for uttering threats. Both people were spoken with once sober and
would not cooperate with police.
RCMP GRC 3616 (2003-05) WPT
Page 3 of 4
– BC Ambulance requested police assistance on Scott Ave
– report of a 19 yr old man in the presence of a girl under the age of 16 yrs of age. He is on
conditions to not be with anyone under the age of 16 yrs old. Under investigation.
– an intoxicated man was observed sitting at the ball park near the Legion. Police arrested him for
breaching his conditions of not to consume alcohol. Police found an amount of money and cocaine.
Charges of breach of probation and possession of a controlled substance are being forwarded to
– theft of a vehicle. Under investigation.
– a 33 yr old man approached a 15 yr old girl in the Terrace Arena asking to hang out with her. The
girl approached an off duty police officer and informed him of how the man was making her
uncomfortable. The off duty police officer contacted a uniformed working police officer to attend the
arena. Checks were done on the man, and he was asked to leave the arena.
– civil dispute over a truck
– a man passed out under a tree at the Aquatic Center. He was located and arrested for public
– report of drug activity
– theft of medication
– men’s wallet lost at Shopper’s Drug Mart March 9 containing various ID and cards
– lost purse at Tim Horton’s’s on Lakelse Ave containing sunglasses, wallet and ID and cards, and
– compassionate notification
– possible impaired in a light blue pickup with a toolbox in the back on Mcconnell Ave / Kalum Lake
– theft of 3 snowshovels from a residence on Paquette Ave. It was discovered a person had taken
the shovels to dig his vehicle out of a snowbank when there was no answer at the door. Two of the
shovels were returned, but one was broken. The broken shovel will be replaced.
– erratic driver complaint on Substation Rd. The registered owner of the vehicle was spoken with.
– vehicles burning rubber and causing a disturbance on Walker St, associated to a party in the area.
The registered owners of the vehicles refused to speak with police. Under investigation.
– a 38 yr old woman driving a grey Ford F-150 pick up truck was arrested for impaired driving on Hwy
16 West. The driver provided breath samples double the legal limit. She was issued a driving
prohibition. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– report of two boys running around with saws and knives causing damage. Police attended and
found two 10 yr old boys building a fort. Not a police matter and no crime committed.
– domestic dispute. A 36 yr old man was arrested for breach of undertaking by consuming alcohol.
– false business alarm on Century St.
– police assisted BC Ambulance with a suicidal 20 yr old woman.
– man’s wallet lost at George’s Pub containing various ID and cards.
– a Frosted Mini Wheats box full of drug paraphernalia was discovered by a pedestrian on Thornhill
Frontage Rd N and Clark St. Police disposed of same in a safe manner.
– false business alarm on Hwy 16 E
– two false cellular 911 calls
– an intoxicated suicidal man in Vancouver made threats and sent threatening pictures to family.
Police advised the airport security of the details and checked guest list of incoming flights.
RCMP GRC 3616 (2003-05) WPT
Page 4 of 4
– a steel spike fell off a DR HOLTAM logging truck just missing the vehicle following behind him. The
owner of DR HOLTAM was contacted and he is investigating the matter.
– suspicious vehicle described as a white older Mustang type parked near a home on Nelson Rd. No
other details obtained.
– suspicious occurrence on Old Remo Rd. A person requested gasoline to get back to town. Checks
were done of area.
– familial dispute on Mountainview Ave. Under investigation.
– stolen keys. Under investigation.
– a woman received a threat via text. Police spoke with the person and warned them of their
behavior. Police also warned the woman, who instigated the problem.
– an upset man punched a mirror. He was taken to Mills Memorial Hospital by BC Ambulance for
stitches. All parties involved were intoxicated and not cooperative with police.
– domestic dispute. A 25 yr old woman was arrested for assault. A 25 yr old man was transported to
another location for the night.
nothing to report