Here are some events Terrace RCMP attended to May 1, from 8 a.m. to May 2, 8 a.m.
– Lost brown wallet at Save On Foods containing various ID and cards. Wallet was found at
Copperside Foods and turned in to police. Police reunited the owner with her wallet, which had nothing missing.
– A man passed out at the Royal Bank. Police arrested a 46 yr old man for public intoxication.
– Intoxicated 16 yr old girl outside of the Coast. Her parent attended and picked her up.
– A suicidal 24 yr old woman. She was apprehended under the Mental Health Act and transported by police to Mills Memorial Hospital.
– A wallet was found on April 29 by McDonald’s staff at Walmart containing various ID and a significant amount of cash. Police are in efforts of contacting the owner.
– Two youth walking down Straume doing drugs. Checks were done of area.
– Two girls, ages 17 and 16, shop lifting at Real Canadian Wholesale Club. The product was recovered and the families of the two girls are dealing with the matter.
– An 11 yr old boy was assault by a 13 yr old boy at Cassie Hall Elementary. Investigation revealed that the behavior is both ways. Boys were warned about their behavior.
– A woman wanted police assistance in retrieving items from her previous residence. Not a police matter.
– Assault at the hospital. Unsubstantiated.
– Abandoned 911 call at a residence on Haugland Ave. 6 intoxicated people in the residence. Nobody would claim dialing 911.
– Argument at the Cedar’s Motel
– Intoxicated man trying to get into a residence on Olson Ave. Police arrested a 41 yr old man for public intoxication. He was on conditions to not consume alcohol. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– False cellular 911 call
– Vandals threw tables and chairs off of the balcony and down the cliff at the Skeena Golf Club sometime between 10 PM and 9 AM during the night of April 30 / May 1. Significant damage. Second incident within a month.
– Person accidentally dialed 911 when cleaning their phone
– 42 yr old man has been reported missing
– Two men fighting at the Costa Less Motel. One man left prior to police attendance. The other man was not cooperative with police.
– Purse was found in the dumpster near the Canada Post. The owner was contacted.
– White 2 ton van broke down on Hwy 16 west of Terrace. Police attended. The van was towed.
– Suicidal posting on facebook. Police spoke with the 21 yr old woman, determined she was not suicidal, and arrested her for public intoxication.
Kitsumkalum, Kulspai, Gitaus
nothing to report
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or
anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously
online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.