TERRACE RCMP responded to the following calls in the last 24 hours:
– during routine patrols, police observed an intoxicated man at the corner of Kalum St. / Greig Ave. Police arrested the 52-year-old man for public intoxication.
– intoxicated man on Lakelse Ave. Police located a man passed out in a flower bed. The 23-year-old man was arrested for public intoxication.
– break and enter to a compound with a chain link fence on Atwood St. Thieves used some sort of cutter to cut a hole thru the north side of the fence a short distance from the east side and gained entry to the compound. Nothing was taken. It appears the thieves were looking for scrap metal.
– a black leather wallet containing various cards, ID, and cash was lost on Lakelse Ave.
– vandalism on a building on Graham Ave. during the night of July 31/Aug 1. Orange paint was used to write a racial slur.
– a wallet was found and turned into the detachment. To be returned to its owner.
– a 10 hp high thrust four stroke white Yamaha outboard motor was stolen from a residence on Medeek Ave.
– advice was given to a woman on separation and child custody issues.
– the Loss Prevention Officer at Walmart arrested a 50-year-old man for shoplifting. The man was already banned from Walmart. Earlier in the day he was removed from Walmart. He had returned intoxicated and committed the theft. Police arrested the man for theft. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– suicidal 26-year-old woman. Police spoke with the people involved. The call was unsubstantiated. Advice was given on the matter.
– concern for well-being of a person who did not return home from a doctor’s appointment. Police spoke with the woman who was fine, just went for lunch.
– false business alarm on Keith Ave.
– a man was intoxicated and smashing things in a residence. Police arrested the 28-year-old man for mischief.
– a threat was made with a knife. The people involved were not co-operative with police. A man agreed to return to his own residence.
– a 17-year-old girl was kicked in the head by a 17-year-old girl at Copperside on Kalum St. Police arrested the intoxicated girl for assault. She then attempted to attack the other 17-year-old girl again. Police intervened.
– police assisted the Terrace Fire Department with a residential fire on Evergreen St. The lone occupant and homeowner got out of the residence safely. The Terrace Forensic Identification Section are assisting with the investigation.
– a woman wanted a peace bond. Advice was given on the matter.
– false business alarm on Hwy 16 East.
– a woman was cheated on and caused significant damage to a joint residence with her common law boyfriend and a vehicle. Under investigation.
– a 1998 Plymouth green van was checked on Old Lakelse Lake Dr. / Paquette Ave. The 34-year-old driver was issued a prohibition notice and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
– a red Heritage Prospector bike with a Selle Royal seat was found on Queensway Dr. over the weekend and turned in to the detachment.
– suicidal female.
– intoxicated suicidal man walking on Hwy 16 West towards the Rainbow Inn. Police located the 22-year-old man. He was not suicidal. He was arrested for public intoxication.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting “TERRACE plus your message” to 274637 (CRIMES).