THE Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 39 calls for service from May 23, 8 AM till May 24, 8 AM. During the same time period there have been seven people lodged in Terrace Cells. Six of these people were lodged for public intoxication.
– man passed out at Starbucks. Police woke up a 17 yr old boy. He was mildly intoxicated and tired from partying the night before. He was taking a bus home.
– an intoxicated man reported to a local business that he was assaulted. Police were unable to locate the man.
– false business alarm on Lakelse Ave
– a grey 2000 Chrysler Intrepid ran a red light at Kalum St/Lakelse Ave. This is the third vehicle that was observed by the complainant committing this infraction on May 23. Police will observe this intersection more closely.
– police observed an intoxicated man dressed too warmly for the weather. The 46 yr old man was arrested for public intoxication.
– a man causing a disturbance on Lakelse Ave near the Scotiabank. Police arrested an intoxicated 17 yr old boy for public intoxication.
– missing 13 yr old girl. She was located.
– group of intoxicated people in the alley behind Greig Ave. A 71 yr old man was arrested for public intoxication.
– police observed an intoxicated person staggering down Lakelse Ave at Emerson St. A 25 yr old woman was arrested for public intoxication.
– 911 call. A man wanted to get up out of bed but a woman wanted to sleep in. An argument ensued prompting another person to call 911. An offence was not determined. The person who called 911 had an outstanding warrant for her arrest. The 24 yr old woman was arrested and released for court.
– suicidal intoxicated 27 yr old man was apprehended under the Mental Health Act and transported to Mills Memorial Hospital
– elder abuse investigation
– man passed out on the grass on Hall St. Police spoke with a man in the area who was sober eating his lunch. An intoxicated person was not found.
– an intoxicated person refused entry in to the Terrace Public Library. He then passed out next to the library driveway. Police arrested a 67 yr old man for public intoxication.
– a man on Haugland Ave woke up to find a motor home parked on his property and plugged into an electrical outlet of his residence. Police gave advice on the matter.
– a man noticed a spike in his hydro bill and thinks his meter may be tampered with. He has called BC Hydro but to no avail. Police determined that his meter was not tampered with and gave advice on the matter.
– erratic driver in a newer black 4 dr Chrysler on Hwy 16 west. Checks were done of the area.
– police assisted Mills Memorial Hospital with moving a patient from one ward to another.
– a wallet was lost in Terrace on May 22 containing various cards and ID.
– familial dispute. Police spoke with the people involved.
– erratic driver on a motorcycle on Hwy 37/Keith Ave. The complainant spoke with the driver who retaliated by driving aggressively again. Under investigation.
– A black/red Nakamura 18 speed mountain bike with a non working front brake was stolen from the parking lot at Sparks St/Straume Ave.
– two men wearing masks and ski goggles getting out of an SUV and walking behind the Rainbow Inn. Police spoke with an 18 yr old man and a 17 yr old boy who were playing Air Soft. Police spoke with them about being aware of the optics and surroundings.
– missing 15 yr girl. Chronic missing person. She returned on her own shortly after.
– intoxicated man refusing to leave the hospital. He had been cleared by medical staff and had brought an open bottle of sherry into the hospital. The 49 yr old man was arrested for public intoxication.
– false business alarm on Keith Ave
– false business alarm on Eby St
– familial dispute. Police spoke with the people involved and mediated.
– a man was hit in the cross walk at Hwy 16/Keith Ave at the Sande Overpass by an older Caucasian woman driving an older dark blue Chevrolet car.
– drug information received
– assist Clearwater RCMP with a statement
– group of people throwing rock at the office of the Thornhill Dump and swinging off the gate. They left on various dirt bikes and a black Ford Ranger and a blue Chevrolet Silverado. Under investigation.
– damage to a trail camera that a person installed on their neighbor’s property on Laurel St.
– illegal dumping on Old Lakelse Lake Dr at Williams Creek. Police found a liver of some type of animal.
– a woman stole a prescription drug from her spouse. Advice was given on the matter.
– sheathing for copper wire was found dumped on the trails near the Copper Mountain.
– intoxicated person causing problems. The 30 yr old man left the residence prior to police attendance.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.