The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 79 calls for service from July 3rd, 8 AM till July 6th, 8 AM. During the same time period seven people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Five of these people were lodged for intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
- Theft from an unlocked 2014 SCION parked on 4700 block of Soucie Ave sometime during the night of July 2/3. A Sirius radio and keys were stolen. The keys were used to access the 2011 Jeep Patriot that was parked behind the SCION.
- A group of people were observed drinking alcohol on the Arena Hill. Checks determined that a woman was in breach of condition of Recognizance to not possess/consume alcohol. The 20 yr old woman was arrested and is held for court.
- A Samsung Smart phone was found near the Terrace Library.
- Two dogs living in a cage with poor living conditions. Police observed the dogs. No issues.
- Dogs in a hot car in Walmart parking lot. The dogs were fine. Police spoke with the owner.
- A Sony Cybershot camera was found in front of Terrace City Hall.
- Theft from an unlocked vehicle parked on Adam St. An Adidas gym bag containing soccer gear and cash were stolen. Police conducted patrols in the area and found the gym bag and all of the soccer gear strewn about a playground between ET Kenny and Suwilaawks schools. The money was not recovered.
- Suicidal man barricaded in a washroom. The 29 yr old man was apprehended under the Mental Health Act and transported to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- A grey 2009 Ford Mustang was damaged in a hit and run in the Walmart parking lot sometime on July 4th at 2 PM. Minimal damage.
- Campfire on Ferry Island. The campfire ban does not apply to Ferry Island. Not a police matter.
- Trespassers in the CN train yard with a campfire in the area. The Terrace Fire Department were called to assist in putting the fire out. Police arrested an intoxicated 29 yr old woman for breaching Recognizance condition of not to consume alcohol. She is held for court.
- A white 2004 Mazda 3 collided with a white 2012 Mazda. Both vehicles sustained damage and were towed. The occupants of the 2004 Mazda were transported via BC Ambulance to Mills Memorial Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
- Dogs in a parked car at Kalum St/Lakelse Ave. The dogs were fine. Police spoke with the owner.
- A black BMX Sikms Evil 2015 bike was stolen from the Men’s Shelter on Hall St.
- Disturbance on Krumm Ave. A woman kicked out the front window of a truck. Police located the intoxicated 18 yr old woman in the area and she was arrested. Checks determined that she was in breach of condition to not consume alcohol. She is held for court.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.