The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 21 calls for service from January 15th, 8 AM till January 16th, 8 AM. During the same time period five people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Three of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- Safeway staff arrested a woman for shoplifting. Police arrested the 35 yr old woman. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- A vehicle backed into a Ford Focus on Lakelse Ave. No injuries and minor damage to the vehicles.
- An intoxicated woman causing a disturbance in a bank on Lakelse Ave. Police located the 32 yr old woman a short distance away and arrested her.
- Hang up 911 call from a business on Lakelse Ave. Police spoke with an employee working inside of the business. Deemed false.
- Two men attempting to shoplift at Safeway. Police attended to Shoppers Drug Mart and arrested an intoxicated 58 yr old man inside of the store matching the description of one of the men from Safeway. He had merchandise hidden in his jacket.
- Suicidal 45 yr old woman. Police apprehended the intoxicated woman under the Mental Health Act. She was arrested a short time later.
- Man passed out in the Safeway parking lot. Police arrested a 35 yr old man.
- Assist New Hazelton RCMP with document service.
- Wellbeing check. Police spoke with a woman who was fine.
- Assault. A man was punched in the face by another man. Under investigation.
- A group of teens in an abandoned building on Keith Ave. Checks of the area and building were done.
- An intoxicated woman refusing to leave a residence. Police spoke with the woman and she left.
- Assist Ministry of Children and Families with an apprehension.
- Assist Ministry of Children and Families with four investigations.
- A notice of driving suspension was served on a 58 yr old man.
- Assist BC Ambulance win an intoxicated patient. No issues.
- A man and woman went to a residence and demanded money owed to them. An assault occurred. Checks of the area were done. Further details were not obtained.
- Incident at the airport.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at
1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.