The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 44 calls for service from December 16th, 8 AM till December 17th, 8 AM. During the same time period nine people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Three of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- Intoxicated man by the garbage cans on Greig Ave. Checks of the area were done.
- Police observed three people sharing a bottle of alcohol in behind a motel on Greig Ave. Police dumped the alcohol and spoke with the group.
- Police observed two men sharing a can of beer at a business on Emerson St. Checks determined that one of the men was breaching his Undertaking condition of not to consume alcohol. He had just been released 24 hours prior for the same offence. The 44 yr old man was arrested and held for court.
- A black IPhone in a leather case was found in a puddle on Park Ave.
- Police observed three men sharing a bottle of alcohol in the bus stop in front of Safeway on Lakelse Ave. The bottle was dumped and the men were spoken with.
- A yelling intoxicated man in a business on Emerson St. He left prior to police attendance. Checks of the area were done.
- Two men and a woman arguing at Atwood/Clinton. Police spoke with the people involved and transported them to an alternate location.
- While attending another call police were waved down and told about an intoxicated man causing problems at various businesses. The intoxicated man had already been dealt with and transported to an alternate location.
- Fight in progress on Lakelse Ave. Police spoke with a man who required medical assistance due to an injury received in the consensual fight. He was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- A man sleeping in a restaurant on Lakelse Ave. Police arrested an adult man.
- Dispute over a cab fare. A woman shared her cab with three people with agreement to split the cost. At the destination the three people refused to pay for their share of the cab. The matter was a civil agreement, and the cab was paid by the woman.
- Intoxicated man refusing to vacate the motel after being asked to leave. Police spoke with the man and transported him to an alternate location.
- Police arrested a woman walking on Lazelle Ave on three outstanding warrants. An amount of marihuana was seized from her person.
- A group of people drinking at the band shelter in George Little Park. Checks of the area were done.
- A warrant was issued for a 34 yr old man and a 20 yr old man for failing to attend court.
- Familial dispute. Police spoke with the people involved and a resolution was reached.
- Distribution of child pornography investigation.
- Intoxicated man walking on Sparks St. Checks of the area were done.
- Breach of a no contact condition. Police arrested the 53 yr old man and he is held for court.
- A suspicious vehicle driving back and forth. Police spoke with a person and advice was given.
- A man refusing to leave a residence. Police spoke with the man and transported him to an alternate location. Shortly after police observed the man heading back to the residence contrary to what he agreed to do. The adult man was arrested.
- Domestic dispute on Lazelle Ave. Police spoke with a woman in the area matching the description provided. She was not cooperative. She was transported to an alternate location.
- A blue 2004 Chevrolet Blazer was pulled over on Kalum St/Haugland Ave. The 25 yr old driver provided a sample of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in a warn. He was issued an Immediate Roadside Prohibition. He had a class 7N driver’s licence with a restriction of zero blood alcohol concentration.
- A woman cut up, bleeding, needing an ambulance on Sparks St. Police located the woman. The injuries were self-inflicted from smashing a beer bottle while drinking in behind a business. She was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital by BC Ambulance.
- Noise complaint on Haugland Ave. Checks of the area were conducted but all was quiet.
- False business alarm on Hwy 16 west.
- Assist external agency with two investigations.
- Intoxicated man passed out in a vehicle parked at the police station. Police arrested the middle aged man. He was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital due to his level of intoxication.
- An intoxicated man attended to the detachment to request police attendance in getting his daughter off the street. A discussion was had with the intoxicated man.
- An ATV on Lakelse Ave near the Old Bridge. Checks of the area were done.
- A hit and run in the parking lot of the Copper River Motel. Under investigation.
- Four vehicle collision at Hwy 37/Hwy 16 intersection. No injuries. One of the vehicles was towed due to the damage sustained.
- Sexual assault investigation.
- False cellular 911 call.
- Domestic dispute. A residential window was broken and two vehicle windows were smashed when a woman refused to talk with a man. The 21 yr old man was arrested. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Snowballs being thrown at vehicles on Old Lakelse Lake Dr. Checks of the area were done.
- A protection order was issued.
- Aggressive large dog loose on Kalum Lake Rd. Police observed the dog and it was not aggressive. The owner was spoken with and a resolution was reached.
- Assist Kitimat RCMP with warrant execution.
- False business alarm on West Kalum Rd.
- False residential alarm on Gitaus Rd.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at
1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.