The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 33 calls for service from December 17th, 8 AM till December 18th, 8 AM. During the same time period two people were lodged for Terrace Cells; none for intoxication.
- A man sleeping in the ATM vestibule of the Royal Bank. Police transported the man to an alternate location.
- Two intoxicated people sharing a bottle of Listerine at a business on Lakelse Ave. They left prior to police attendance. Police spoke with the man and woman.
- Police arrested a man walking on Sparks St. He had three outstanding warrants for his arrest.
- A black GMC Canyon truck failed to stop at a stop sign and crashed into an aluminum shed in a back yard on Park Ave/Apsely St. Police spoke with the driver.
- Landlord/tenant issues. Police spoke with the people involved and a resolution was reached.
- Domestic dispute. Police spoke with the people involved. No offence committed. A resolution was reached.
- Hitchhiker not dressed for the weather on Hwy 16. Checks of the area were done.
- False residential alarm on Park Ave.
- Theft of a poppy box from Copperside Store. The thief was identified. Under investigation.
- A single vehicle hit the ditch east of Terrace. Checks of the area were done.
- Two intoxicated people in the woods. BC Ambulance transported the two to Mills Memorial Hospital. Police transported a third person to an alternate location.
- Drug induced medical situation. Police spoke with the people involved.
- Intoxicated man causing a disturbance at the shelter on Sparks St. He left prior to police attendance. Checks of the area were done.
- Intoxicated woman on Apsley St. Checks of the area were done.
- Missing youth. She returned on her own later in the evening.
- A woman passed out in the library. BC Ambulance transported the woman to Mills Memorial Hospital due to her level of intoxication.
- An intoxicated shoeless man on Loen Ave. A second call was received that the man had made it into a residence.
- A man was refused entry in to the shelter due to his intoxication. He is throwing objects at the window. He left prior to police attendance. Checks of the area were done.
- Intoxicated woman causing problems in a residence. The situation resolved itself when she went to sleep.
- Disturbance on Walsh Ave. The group dispersed prior to police attendance. Checks of the area were done.
- A man exposed to the weather. Police spoke with the man. He was taken to Mills Memorial hospital to warm up.
- A wheelchair on the road. Checks of the area were done. The wheelchair was never found.
- Assist external agency with three investigations.
- A black IPhone 5S was stolen from a gym bag in the men’s change room at the Terrace Pool.
- A woman bit a man when he wouldn’t let her leave his residence after a night of partying. Police spoke with the people involved.
- A Jeep Patriot was pulled over on Kalum St. The driver did not have a driver’s licence.
- An ATV crossed the old bridge. Further details were not provided.
- False business alarm on McConnell Ave.
- False residential alarm on Muller Ave.
- Fight at the Northern Motor Inn. Police spoke with some of the people involved. The fight was consensual and the most of the people had dispersed. Further police assistance was not required.
- Speeding pizza delivery driver. Checks of the area were done.
- Three vehicles with illegal light bars on Hwy 37. Ongoing issue.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online atwww.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.