The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 65 calls for service from December 17th, 8 AM till December 19th, 8 AM. During the same time period sixteen people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Twelve of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- Group of people drinking behind a building on Lazelle Ave. Police dumped some beer out and spoke with a group.
- Harassment. A client is harassing a business. Police spoke with the people involved.
- Police observed a group of people drinking in behind a restaurant on Lazelle Ave. A 38 yr old man and a 23 yr old man were arrested.
- Intoxicated person inside of the lobby of a restaurant on Lakelse Ave. He left prior to police attendance. Checks of the area were done.
- Two men drinking at the corner of Lakelse Ave/Emerson St. A 46 yr old man and a 72 yr old man were arrested.
- Man passed out inside of a restaurant on Lakelse Ave. When the police attempted to wake the man up he pushed the member. The 36 yr old man was arrested.
- A pedestrian was hit in the crosswalk at Hwy 16/Sande Overpass. He suffered injuries and was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital by BC Ambulance.
- 911hang up. Police determined the call was false. A man had dialed 911 when he thought he lost his wallet, but then found it. He called twice.
- The tire of a green 2003 Mazda was slashed while it was parked on the 4700 block of Lazelle Ave sometime between noon and 4 PM on December 18th.
- A man screaming and yelling on Lazelle Ave. Checks of the area were done.
- Three people drinking in the band shelter at George Little Park. Checks of the area were done.
- An intoxicated woman refusing to leave a business in the Skeena Mall. Security arrested the woman. Police arrested the 31 yr old woman who was extremely uncooperative.
- Abandoned 911 call. Police were able to track the man down and he was fine.
- A blue 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier was pulled over on Lazelle Ave/Kalum St. The 22 yr old driver provided two samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in warns. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition.
- The driver’s side door of a red 1997 Dodge Ram was hit while it was parked on Lakelse Ave early December 19th.
- Two intoxicated people at the NWCC refusing to leave. A woman had fallen onto a bike rack and was stuck. Police arrested a 59 yr old man and a 52 yr old woman.
- Domestic assault. Police arrested an 18 yr old woman. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Police observed a man stumbling into traffic on Sparks St/Park Ave. A 42 yr old man was arrested.
- Warrants were issued for a 46 yr old man, a 38 yr old woman, and a 21 yr old man for failing to attend court.
- A pedestrian was hit by a white 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier at the corner of Park Ave/Emerson St. The pedestrian was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital. The Chevrolet sustained windshield damage.
- Suicidal 49 yr old man. Police apprehended the man under the Mental Health Act and transported him to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- Two boys inside of a garage on Yeo St. Checks were done of the area.
- A man breaching conditions of no consume alcohol. Checks were done at a residence on Kalum St. Unsubstantiated.
- An intoxicated boy outside of a residence on Park Ave. Police found the 17 yr old boy hiding under the back porch. He was arrested for breaching conditions of not to be in Terrace when under the influence of alcohol and a curfew. He is held for court.
- Noise complaint in an RV park on Lakelse Ave. Police spoke with a group.
- A belligerent man refusing to leave a business on Sparks St. He left prior to police attendance.
- An intoxicated man wandering around Scott Ave. Police found the man on a trail in the area and spoke with him. No issues.
- A cheque book was stolen from a vehicle parked at the Sandman Inn.
- A man passed out in the Park Avenue Medical Building. Police arrested the 38 yr old man.
- An unwanted man repeatedly going to a residence. Police discussed the situation with a woman.
- Harassment. Police spoke with a woman. Unsubstantiated.
- Intoxicated man inside of a motel lobby unable to leave because of the state of his dress and level of intoxication. The 57 yr old man was arrested.
- Suicidal girl. Police requested the assistance of Mental Health authorities and MCFD. Investigation determined that the girl had a plan to cause death of a person and was involved in a domestic dispute. The 15 yr old girl was arrested and is held for court.
- A family member overstayed their welcome. Police spoke with a 52 yr old man.
- Wellbeing check. Mail of a residence observed to be piling up. Under investigation.
- A 52 yr old man no longer welcome at Mills Memorial Hospital. He left prior to police attendance.
- A 52 yr old man causing problems at the Terrace Damp Shelter. Police spoke with the man and the situation was resolved for the time being.
- False business alarm on McConnell Ave.
- Intoxicated familial dispute. A 35 yr old man was arrested.
- Assist Ministry of Children and Families with an investigation.
- Intoxicated man on Kalum St. Police spoke with the man and dumped out some beer.
- Uttering threats over allegations of missing medication. Police spoke with a person.
- Assault on Scott Ave. A man was punched.
- A blue 2004 GMC Safari and a black 2006 Kia Sorrento collided at Hwy 16/Hwy 37 near Walmart. The GMC left the scene. Police located the GMC.
- Missing 15 yr old girl. Police located the girl. No issues.
- While investigating an outstanding warrant police noted that the licence plates of a truck parked on Kofoed Dr did not match the truck they were bolted to. The licence plates were seized.
- A grey Dodge crew cab truck passed a vehicle on a double solid line on Old Lakelse Lake Dr. Under investigation. A second complaint was received of the same truck being driven in an erratic manner on Old Lakelse Lake Dr.
- Theft of mail on Hagen St.
- Information was received on the whereabouts of a man wanted by police.
- Familial dispute. Custody issues. A woman left prior to police attendance.
- A woman causing a disturbance on Old Lakelse Lake Dr. She left prior to police attendance.
- Police pulled over a white 2001 Buick Century. The 52 yr old driver provided two samples of breath that were more than double the legal limit. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- A grey 2014 Honda Civic lost control when attempting to pass on Hwy 16 near Chimdemash Creek. The vehicle rolled when it hit the ditch. The driver suffered minor injuries. A second call was received on this vehicle in the ditch.
- A silver Ford truck being driven in an erratic manner on Hwy 37 near the airport. Police spoke with the registered owner who is dealing with the incident.
- Squatters on the Zymocord River. Police requested the assistance of Natural Resources and the Ministry of Transportation. A camper and a car were towed.
- A red Dodge truck was involved in a motor vehicle incident on Hwy 37
- A red truck in the ditch on Hwy 16. The truck sustained extensive damage. A second call was received that the truck was stolen. Under investigation.
- Missing 8 and 6 yr old children. The children were located. The incident was miscommunication.
- Intoxicated man causing problems. He left prior to police attendance. A second call was received that he returned and renewed is unwanted behavior. Police reattended and spoke with the people involved. No further issues.
If you have information about this crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.