The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 44 calls for service from December 14th, 8AM till December 16th, 8 AM. During the same time period seven people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Two of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- An intoxicated man refusing to leave the Royal Bank. Police spoke with the man and he left.
- Police observed a man air boxing and then punch a sign at Brolly Square. The intoxicated adult man was arrested.
- A group hanging out in the rear entrance of a business on Emerson St. Police spoke with the group and dumped some alcohol.
- Erratic driver in a yellow Toyota SUV in the Husky parking lot. Checks of the area were done.
- A green Ford T Bird was pulled over on Lakelse Ave near Clinton St. The driver provided a sample of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in a warn. She was issued an Immediate Roadside Prohibition.
- Three boys throwing rocks at a business on Lakelse Ave. Police located the boys as they were leaving Safeway and spoke with them. Their parents were advised of the situation.
- Safeway employee arrested a shoplifter and she was uncooperative and fighting. Police arrested the 18 yr old woman. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Three intoxicated men panhandling near the Royal Bank. Police spoke with the men.
- A blue 2015 Ford F150 was pulled over on Lakelse Ave. The driver did not have a valid driver’s licence and was suspended from driving. He provided a sample of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in a warn. He was issued an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Assault. The incident had already been reported and was being dealt with at the school level.
- Medication was stolen from a vehicle on Scott Ave during the night of December 13/14.
- A credit card was stolen from a vehicle and then used fraudulently at two locations. Under investigation.
- A boy was assaulted by his girlfriend and suffered minor injuries. She was arrested and charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- False business alarm on McConnell Ave.
- Missing man. He was located.
- A silver 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt collided with an older black truck on Park Ave. The truck fled the scene. Further information could not be obtained.
- Intoxicated woman refusing to leave the hospital. The adult woman was arrested.
- Road rage incident. Police spoke with the people involved.
- Alarm at the hospital. The situation had deescalated prior to police attendance.
- Intoxicated man jumping in and out of traffic on Kalum St. Checks of the area were done.
- Assist external agency with an investigation.
- A box of various found wallets and ID was turned into the detachment from Kalum Cabs.
- A restricted firearm was turned into the detachment till the owner can get the proper paperwork.
- False cellular 911 call.
- Four old tires on rims were dumped on the old mill site off Keith Ave.
- Intoxicated person breaching a no contact condition. Under investigation.
- Possible impaired driver in an ivory colored Toyota. Checks of the area were done.
- An intoxicated woman refusing to leave a residence. Police spoke with the people and an agreement was reached.
- A woman took pictures of children playing at a bus stop at Mark Ave/Queensway Dr. Police spoke with the children and families.
- Loud noise heard on River Dr. Checks of the area were done.
- Intoxicated driver in a green car. Checks of the area were done.
- An intoxicated woman possibly suicidal. Police spoke with the woman. She was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital where she soon left. She was located and spoken with.
- A white Ford F150 following a blue GMC truck on Queensway Dr dangerously close and flashing high beams in a fit of rage. Police located the two vehicles and attempted to pull them over. The driver of the Ford fled from police. The Ford was located but the driver had fled into the bush.
- A black Honda Ridge Line swerving on the road. Police pulled the vehicle over and spoke with the driver.
- A warrant was executed on a 20 yr old man.
- Report of a stolen vehicle. Police located the vehicle in the ditch on its side while on route to the call. There was no evidence to suggest the vehicle was stolen. Police spoke with the registered owner who was intoxicated.
- Assist Prince Rupert RCMP and Nass Valley RCMP with document service.
- Threats were uttered. Police spoke with the people involved. It was an issue of money owed in the drug trade.
- An abandoned brown Chrysler Stratus at Watson Hill on Hwy 16 east. The vehicle was towed.
- Erratic driver on Hwy 37. Checks of the area were done.
- A person’s legitimate phone number is being used in a scam. Police spoke with the woman and provided advice on the matter.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.