SOME OF the incidents that kept police busy during the last 24 hours are listed below.
– a man attempted to pass a cheque not in his name. The cheque was not passed and the man left.
– consensual fight between two intoxicated men on Greig Ave. Minor injuries. Medical attention was refused.
– during routine patrol police observed four intoxicated men near Kalum St. by Sears. The men ages 19, 35, 65, and 34 yrs of age were all arrested for public intoxication.
– an elderly man was refusing to leave Safeway. Police spoke with the man who left on his own accord.
– intoxicated woman passed out near the Coast. Police arrested the 49-year-old woman for pubic intoxication.
– intoxicated man who keeps falling and hitting his head near the Best Western. Police arrested the 54-year-old man for pubic intoxication. BC Ambulance transported the man to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment. The man refused treatment and left the hospital. Police located the man again and arrested him for public intoxication.
– complaint of vagrancy issues and aggressive panhandlers downtown, especially during the early morning hours. Ongoing issue.
– domestic dispute. Verbal argument.
– wallet lost containing various cards and ID possibly on Scott Ave.
– landlord / tenant issues. The landlord states that the tenant took items with her when she moved out. Matter is civil.
– black jacket containing a black leather wallet was lost near Boston Pizza
– harassing text messages. Police action was not wanted.
– theft of a camera
– the lug nuts were loosened on a silver/black 1994 Ford Pickup truck and one tire fell off in the middle of Kalum St. The tire hit another vehicle causing minor damage.
– a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle at Keith Ave. and Tetrault St. The pedestrian suffered minor injuries and was taken to the hospital.
– intoxicated man passed out on Haugland Ave. Police arrested the 50-year-old man for public intoxication.
– Mills Memorial Hospital requested assistance with the apprehension of a patient who was absent without leave.
– a black wallet with silver buttons containing cash, various cards, and ID was stolen on Keith Ave.
– suicidal 25-year-old man. Police spoke with the man. Unsubstantiated. The man was arrested for public intoxication.
– possible impaired driver in a green Ford Ranger on Eby St. Checks were done of area.
– Mills Memorial Hospital requested police assistance with an uncooperative patient. Police attended. The patient was cooperative.
– possible bootlegging on Park Ave. Checks were done of area for the people involved.
– a disturbance in the bushes on Thomas St. Two people fighting.
– a Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC70 mountain bike, grey in color, was stolen from Mills Memorial Hospital. The bike was in a locked compound.
– noisy party near the train tracks at Lakelse Ave. and Apsley St. Checks were done of area.
– noisy party at apartments on Pear St.
– intoxicated person causing problems at a residence on Goulet Ave. Investigation determined that the intoxicated woman who was causing problems lived at the residence and was now sleeping.
– three people kicked the main door in to an apartment building on Davis Ave. Checks were done of area.
– theft of a Iphone 4S. Under investigation.
– a man was searching porn sites and is now having a panic attack and requesting police assistance.
– fraud investigation. A business purchased ad space on a phone book cover from a person claiming to be working for a business called “Capal Enterprises LTD”. The ad space was never received. Under investigation.
– suspicious blue vehicle in a driveway on Dobbie St. The driver of the vehicle claimed to be a “Citizen on Patrol”. Police spoke with the man about his actions. “Citizens on Patrol” is not functional in Terrace at this time.
– theft of bike on Dogwood Ave. Under investigation.
– noisy party on Sande Ave. Police spoke with the partiers.
– two woman yelling at a residence on River Dr. Checks were done of area.
– 19-year-old intoxicated man threatening to kill a person and assaulted him.
– group of intoxicated men on the golf course being loud
– an intoxicated man attended the detachment because he did not feel safe sleeping in the streets. The 50-year-old man was arrested for public intoxication.
– a cab drove two intoxicated men to the detachment after they refused to pay their fare. Police arrested the 60-year-old and 56-year-old men for public intoxication.
– assault and sexual assault investigation
– noisy party on Ecstall Ave. Police spoke with the partiers.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting “TERRACE plus your message” to 274637 (CRIMES).