The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 98 calls for service from November 16, 8 AM till November 19, 8 AM. During the same time period there were 17 people lodged in Terrace Cells. Eight of these were for public intoxication.
Here are some the calls responded to:
- Theft from Trigo’s. An employee followed the thief to Urban Colors and confronted him inside. An employee of Urban Colors stood in front of the door to stop the man from leaving till police arrived. The man became agitated and aggressive. He pushed the woman down and then pushed and elbowed a man. He then fled the store. Police located the 26 yr old man in the vicinity and arrested him for theft and assault. Eric Cardinal is charged with assault S. 266 CC x 2 and theft S. 334(b) CC. He was released on a Recognizance of Bail with conditions and has a court date of November 20.
- A Save On More employee arrested a 46 yr old man for shoplifting. Police attended and arrested the man for theft and a warrant out of Kitimat for breach of probation.
- Loss Prevention Officer of Walmart arrested girl for shoplifting. A boy that she was with ran away. Police attended and arrested a 14 yr old girl and released her to an adult. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Mills Memorial Hospital requested police assistance with the apprehension of a 58 yr old man. Police apprehended the man and transported him to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- A group of teens drinking at Parkside School. A boy chugged a 40 ounce bottle of hard liquor and was in a catatonic state. BC Ambulance attended and transported the boy to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- A grey 2008 Kia Rio was pulled over for going 119 km/hr in a 50 km/hr zone. The 21 yr old driver failed a road side screening device. He was issued an Immediate Roadside Suspension and the vehicle he was driving was impounded. An amount of drugs was also seized.
- A red Nissan Pathfinder had its tires slashed by persons in a red Dodge Stratus. Two 18 yr old men followed the Dodge to the Skeena Middle School parking lot where a fight ensued. Under investigation.
- Theft from a 2004 Toyota van parked on Labelle Ave. A Garmin GPS unit was stolen. A green 2009 Ford truck parked on Labelle Ave was also victim of a theft. Loose change was taken.
- A blue 2001 GMC Sierra pickup truck driving in an erratic manner on Hwy 37 near the Hotsprings. Two calls were received on this vehicle. Under investigation.
- An employee of Safeway arrested a man and woman for theft of sandwiches, Kool Aid, energy drinks, and a pregnancy test. The 24 yr old man and 19 yr old woman were arrested by police. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Mills Memorial Hospital requested police assistance with the apprehension of an AWOL patient. She returned on her own a short time later.
- A road check was being conducted on Hwy 113. Police observed a black 1992 GMC Sierra pickup truck stop prior to the road check. Police spoke with the driver and passenger and it was determined that they had switched positions. The 33 yr old driver was issued a driving prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded. An amount of drugs and a gun were also seized.
- BC Ambulance requested police assistance with a 15 yr old intoxicated girl. Police transported her to her residence and the care of a sober person.
- Police were conducting foot patrols in the parking lot of the Northern Motor Inn and observed three men exit the bar and get into a white 2005 Ford truck. Police stopped the vehicle and spoke with the 21 yr old driver. He failed a roadside screening device. He was given an immediate roadside suspension and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Police observed a man staggering in the parking lot of the Northern Motor Inn. He got into a black 2005 Dodge Ram truck and attempted to drive away. Police stopped the vehicle. The 35 yr old driver failed a roadside screening device. He was issued an immediate roadside suspension and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Police observed a black 1998 Ford truck leave the parking lot of the Northern Motor Inn and appear to avoid another police car with emergency lights activated. Police followed this vehicle and noted driving errors so pulled it over. The 21 yr old driver failed a roadside screening device. She was issued an Immediate Roadside Suspension and the vehicle she was driving was impounded.
- A man described as 5 ft 9 inches, 180 lbs, moustache, and balding stole a pizza sandwich from Copperside gas station on November 18 at 2:30 AM and then fled in a black BMW.
- Police observed a black 2007 Chevrolet Sierra truck at Hwy16 and Hwy 37 driving in an erratic manner. Police pulled the vehicle over. The 36 yr old driver refused to provide a breath sample. She was issued an Immediate Roadside Suspension and the vehicle she was driving was impounded.
- Police attended to a red 2003 Dodge Caravan in the ditch on Graham Ave. The driver was passed out at the steering wheel. The 50 yr old driver refused to provide a breath sample. He was issued an Immediate Roadside Suspension and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Police observed a black 1990 Toyota truck driving in an erratic manner on Keith Ave/Kalum St. The vehicle was pulled over. The 38 yr old driver failed a roadside screening device. He was issued an Immediate Roadside Suspension and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- A red Ford truck with its front end wrapped around a tree at the entrance to Lakelse Lake Camp Ground. Police attended and observed the vehicle with keys still in the ignition. It was towed.
- Suicidal 17 yr old girl. Unsubstantiated. Police spoke with the girl and her parents and discussed options to a familial dispute.
- Deceased 79 yr old woman on Sparks St
- Suicidal 30 yr old man. Police spoke with the man. Unsubstantiated.
- After being passed out all day, a woman woke up to find her children ages 1 and 5 yrs missing. Police determiend that a concerned family member had taken the children. The Ministry of Children and Families are assisting in this matter.
- Domestic dispute. A man became angry when a woman threw his cell phone in the bathtub. The man threw the woman to the ground and banged her head a couple of times. Another man grabbed him off the woman and told him to leave. Police located the 23 yr old man and arrested him for assault. The woman was transported to Mill Memorial Hospital for assessment. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).