HERE ARE the incidents requiring the presence of Terrace RCMP officers from 8 am Dec. 9 to 7 am Dec. 12.
– On Dec. 9 at 11:23 AM there was an attempt shoplifting on Lakelse. An older man wearing a brown jacket and dark pants attempted to take a hat off a mannequin. W hen he was unable to, a younger man wearing black track pants with a white stripe and a black hoody took the hat off and started to walk away. The business owner confronted him and took the hat back.
– 18 yr old man arrested for public intoxication on Emerson St
– a vehicle parked in the 4600 block of Lazelle had its window smashed and the contents rifled thru
– man arrested for pubic intoxication on Kalum St / Lakelse Ave
– call received from a female that her friend was intoxicated and sitting on the ground. Police attended and located two intoxicated 15 yr old girls. They were both arrested for public intoxication.
– a man causing a disturbance and refusing to leave the Spirit Night Club. He was arrested for public intoxication. He was not cooperative with police.
– man knocking on doors at the Best Western Inn. He left on his own accord before police arrival. Checks were done of area.
– 18 yr old man arrested for public intoxication at the bus stop on Lakelse Ave.
– On Dec. 10 at about 8 PM a grey 2003 Toyota Camry was victim of a hit and run in the parking lot of Mr. Mike’s. Witnesses saw a truck with two snowmobiles in the back hit the car. Under investigation.
– a man banned from the Skeena Liquor Store was refusing to leave and pestering customers to buy him alcohol. Another man took him away for the night.
– a woman reported that her ex boyfriend was annoying her by buzzing her apartment. Checks were done of area.
– report of a man sitting in a snowbank near Kondola’s. Checks were done of area.
– a man who is banned from the Spirit Night Club was inside and refusing to leave. He left on his own accord.
– an intoxicated man in front of Mark’s W ork Warehouse was transported to the dorm of the Northwest Community College
– a woman was arrested outside of the Spirit Night Club for public intoxication
– youth throwing snowballs and hanging off signs near the Best Western Night Club. Checks were done of area.
– a man reported that his cousin was going to harm him in front of the Lakelse Tim Hortons. Police attended and located the man. He was very intoxicated and arrested for same. The threats were unsubstantiated.
– man arrested for public intoxication at the Bear Country Inn
– two men who were refused a room at the Bear Country Inn due to their level of intoxication were yelling and bothering the employee. Checks were done of area. The men had left on their own accord.
– an 18 yr old man did a dine and dash at the Pizza Hut. He was arrested for theft.
– a man hit another man with a baton for calling his girlfriend names. He was arrested. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– report of a male youth wearing a blue hoody going in and out of carports on Tuck Ave. Checks were done of area.
– a black 1989 Acura Legend abandoned in the Canadian Tire parking lot
– a man walked thru the day care at the Northwest Community College. He was spoken with.
– false business alarm on Cramer St.
– a woman is being harassed by a 16 yr old girl. Under investigation.
– request from another police department to locate a person
– false business alarm on Park Ave.
– man arrested for public intoxication on Keith Ave / Sparks St
– police were following a 1996 black Ford Probe and could smell marijuana coming from the vehicle. The vehicle was pulled over. The driver was issued a 24 hour suspension and the vehicle was impounded for same.
– a 12 yr old boy was reported missing when he failed to go home after the teen swim. He returned on his own accord.
– party on Scott Ave. Police attended and found no issues.
– an intoxicated man and woman were observed walking down Sparks St. The man was also drinking in public. The man was arrested for public intoxication.
– a man refused to let an intoxicated woman into a travel trailer, so she kicked it. She left on her own accord.
– four men and a 14 yr old boy were drinking alcohol in behind ET Kenney School.
– verbal domestic dispute
– a woman reported that her son and his friend were fighting in her home and she wanted them removed. They left on their own accord.
– a grey 2001 Pontiac Montana had a window smashed while parked on Anderson St.
– erratic driver on Hwy 16. Police attended to the registered owner’s address and spoke with the driver.
– report of harassing and intim idating text messages from an ex boyfriend. Police spoke with him.
– report of a 10 yr old boy walking in shorts, sandals and t shirt at 11:30 PM. Checks were done of area.
– break and enter to a shed on Matson Rd. Various tools were stolen.
– fight at the Spirit Night Club. Checks were done of area.
– break and enter to a residence on Pear St.
– a man reported that he was scared for his safety. Police located the man. He was very intoxicated. The complaint was unsubstantiated. He was transported to his residence.
– domestic dispute. Under investigation.
– a woman reported that an unknown intoxicated woman with her pants around her ankles was at her door asking for help. Police attended. The intoxicated woman stated that she had needed to use a washroom really bad and had her pants already pulled down to facilitate this. The woman was transported to her residence.
– an elderly man had lent his pickup to a person and needed help in getting it back. Under investigation.
– intoxicated people refusing to leave a residence on Davis Ave. Police attended and arrested one man for mischief. The others left on their own accord.
– erratic driver on Kalum St. Checks were done of area.
– suspicious occurrence on Park Ave. A man described as late 20’s, thin black moustache, slim build, wearing a green hat knocked on a door then asked for a Tony, then left. Associated to a red Chevrolet extended cab pickup with a white canopy and a roof rack. Checks were done of area.
– suspicious man walking around with no purpose on Goulet Ave. Wearing black jeans and a black coat. Checks were done of area.
– residential false alarm on Lambly Ave
– concerns about a 15 yr old daughter hanging out with a 26 yr old man. Police spoke with parties involved.
– false 911 call
– break and enter to the Terrace Public Library on Dec. 11 at 10:14 PM. Under investigation.
– a 1998 blue Dodge Dakota was acting suspicious near the Honda Dealership. The vehicle was pulled over and marijuana was detected. The driver was not displaying the necessary N and was over the amount of allowable passengers. The driver was issued multiple violation tickets and was issued a 24 hour suspension and the vehicle he was driving was impounded for same.
– false residential alarm on Sande Ave
– unknown intoxicated man knocking on a door on Pear St. He left on his own accord. Checks were done of area.
– On Dec. 10 at about 11 AM a vehicle hit a power pole containing the electrical supply unit of the trailer park on Queensway Dr. Damage was over $1000.
– abandoned vehicle on Pine Ave. The registered owner was contacted.
– residential false alarm on Clark St
– group of youth drinking on Hemlock St. Checks were done of area.
– a man was arrested for public intoxication at the Northern Motor Inn
– a man walking on Clark St and Hwy 16 acting in an irrational manner. Checks were done of area.
– a man was passed out in the Cold Beer and Wine Store in the Northern Motor Inn. He was arrested for public intoxication.
– report of shots fired on Ackroyd Rd. Checks were done of area.
– request for assistance in locating a person. She was located and fine.
– possible impaired in a gold Jeep Cherokee on Usk Ferry Rd. Checks were done of area.
– moose struck on Hwy 16 just West of Kleanza Creek. The moose died as a result of injuries sustained. The driver and lone occupant suffered a minor injury. The grey 1999 Plymouth Voyager van was totaled.
– a woman was sending harassing phone calls and messages to various people. She was spoken with.
– a woman requested assistance in locating a person. The person was located and is fine, but did not want to be found.
– break and enter to a residence with a mischief. Nothing was taken.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.