The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 34 calls for service from October 3rd, 8 am till October 4th, 8 am. During the same time period five people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Two of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- Vandalism to a vehicle parked on Lakelse Ave. Under investigation.
- A group of people drinking in an alley behind Lakelse Ave. Checks of the area were done.
- A group of youth shoplifting from a grocery store. Police transported the youth to their respective parents/guardians. Under investigation.
- An IPad was stolen from a car parked at a business on the 4600 block of Greig Ave. It was located smashed beyond repair in a nearby field. Under investigation.
- Two calls from a security company of a person sleeping in the TD Bank ATM lobby. Further calls were not received.
- Child luring, possession of child pornography investigation.
- Missing youth. The youth returned home later in the night.
- Sexual assault investigation.
- On Sept 29th on Braun St a cat was shot, causing significant injuries that it had to be put down. Under investigation.
- A blue 2016 Dodge truck was pulled over in a parking lot on Eby St. The driver was served a driving prohibition.
- A person witnessed a man push a child down outside of an elementary school. Further details could not be obtained.
- Abandoned 911 call. Police spoke with two people who were having an argument. No further concerns.
- 911 call of a woman being followed. Police tracked down the owner of the phone in George Little Park. There was no emergency. She was highly intoxicated. A sober person took responsibility for her.
- Theft of liquor from the Terrace Inn Liquor Store. A short time later police located the youth suspect and he was arrested. Checks determined that he was breaching a condition of not to go to the store. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Fight on Pear St. An entrance window was shattered. Police arrested a man. He was breaching conditions of no contact. He is held for court. A woman was also arrested for obstructing police. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Missing youth. Under investigation.
- Theft at Mills Memorial Hospital. Investigation determined that this was not a theft.
- Two people without shirts fighting on Sparks St. Police arrested a shirtless man in the area. A second shirtless man attempted to flee from police. He was caught and arrested as well then transported to Mills Memorial hospital. The fight was deemed consensual.
- Intoxicated man at Mills Memorial Hospital. Checks determined that he was breaching a condition of a Probation Order of not to consume alcohol. The 45 yr old man was arrested and is held for court.
- A group of intoxicated people on Park Ave. Checks of the area were done.
- Intoxicated woman at Mills Memorial Hospital. The woman was arrested.
- Suicidal person. Police spoke with the man. Unsubstantiated.
- Assist external agency with an investigation.
- A person being followed by people. Under investigation.
- A blue and yellow Dakine duffel bag containing a wallet with ID, a grey IPhone 6s, and personal belongings was lost in George Little Park.
- Unwanted firearms.
- Impaired driver in the parking lot on Clark St. Further details could not be obtained.
- A bear causing havoc at a trailer on Muller Ave. An external agency was notified and advice was given on better garbage storage.
- An orange semi being driven in an erratic manner on Hwy 37 south. The orange semi was not located.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting keyword TERRACE followed by your message to 274637 (CRIMES).