The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 24 calls for service from April 8, 8 AM till April 9, 8 AM. During the same time period there were three people lodged in Terrace Cells, none for public intoxication.
- a cell phone that was found at the Shan Yan was turned into the detachment and returned to its owner
- a wallet was left behind at the Shan Yan restaurant and turned into the detachment.
- 48 yr old intoxicated man causing problems in front of the mall. Checks were done of the area.
- man passed out on Emerson St near the Spirit Night Club. Checks were done of the area.
- hang up 911 call. The number came back registered out of Burnaby. Police were unable to determine the location of the phone.
- familial dispute. Police spoke with the woman and further police involvement was not wanted.
- while a woman was on a flight to New Zealand her ID and various other cards were stolen from her purse.
- a person spray painted Veritas church.
- police were following up with a victim of domestic violence. During this follow up a 41 yr old man was found inside of the victim’s residence contrary to his conditions. He was arrested for breach of recognizance. He is held for court.
- a found purse containing a wallet with ID was turned into the detachment to be returned to its owner.
- pan handler in front of Mills Memorial Hospital. Checks were done of area.
- sexual interference investigation
- assist Prince Rupert RCMP with document service
- suspicious circumstances. A man in a newer burgundy or red Jeep stopped on Eby St and took a picture of 16 yr old girl and her cousin.
- Mills Memorial Hospital requested police assistance with a toddler suffering from unexplainable injuries. Ministry of Children and Families are also assisting police with this investigation.
- noisy party on Medeek Ave. Police conducted checks in the area and all was quiet.
- intoxicated man refusing to leave Mills Memorial Hospital. Police located the man and transported him to an alternate location.
- domestic disturbance. Police arrested a 36 yr old man for breaching conditions of no contact with a woman while under the influence of alcohol. He is held for court.
- a green Mazda parked on Agar Ave was broken into overnight of April 7/8. An IPod, soccer shoes, and money were stolen.
- a man threatened another man in a parking lot on Hwy 16. Further police action was not wanted.
- a citizen was concerned about the well being of a man in a wheelchair. Police located the man who was fine.
- intoxicated group of people on Queensway Dr. Police spoke with witnesses who stated that the group had left in an older blue pickup truck but one intoxicated woman had fallen of the tailgate and remained on the lawn. Police arrested the woman and requested the assistance of BC Ambulance who transported the woman to Mills Memorial Hospital to be assessed.
- a domestic disturbance. A man and woman argued then a man pushed another man. Further police involvement was not wanted.
- a woman driving a green 1994 Mazda pickup truck over the Old Bridge on a green light met a Ford Explorer, possibly white, approaching from the other direction. The Mazda pulled over as much as it could but was still sideswiped by the other vehicle. This vehicle did not stop.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.