The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 128 calls for service from September 13, 8 AM till September 17, 8 AM. Of these calls 8 were for false alarms/911.
During the same time period 19 people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Of these 13 were for public intoxication.
Here are some the calls police attended to:
- Break and enter with theft from a property on Amesberry and Hwy 16. Four or five rolls of copper wire and a radiator from a MAC truck were stolen.
- A Kalum cab was observed to be speeding thru the Jack Cooke School zone on Graham Ave. Police spoke with the manager of Kalum Cabs. He will speak with his drivers.
- An older maroon pickup truck with a canopy that had a bunch of stickers on the window rammed the gate on the access right of the way between Dorman Rd and Churchill Dr. Police attended and observed a broken lock and the chain on the ground. The passenger had on a grey hoody.
- An intoxicated man was yelling outside of an apartment on Scott Ave and refusing to leave. The man left on his own accord prior to police arrival. While police were conducting checks in the area, the man returned to the residence. Police arrested the 27 yr old man on an outstanding warrant and public intoxication.
- An intoxicated man trying to fight people and refusing to leave a residence on Heppel Ave. Police arrested a 45 yr old man for assault. The man was not cooperative with police in leaving the residence.
- Two vehicle collision on Molitor St and Keith Ave. A grey 2007 Ford Focus with severe front end damage was abandoned at the scene. A man and a woman from this vehicle were observed to get into another vehicle and flee. An amount of marihuana was seized from this vehicle. The second vehicle, a grey 2006 Ford Focus, was located with severe damage to the rear end. The 23 yr old driver was issued a 90 immediate roadside suspension. Both vehicles were towed. Under investigation.
- Suicidal 14 yr old boy. He was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital via BC Ambulance.
- Theft of groceries from Safeway. The woman left in a 1994 red Volkswagen Jetta. Police attended to the residence of the registered owner of the vehicle. A 21 yr old woman was arrested for theft. She is banned from the store and going to pay for the groceries.
- A 16 yr old boy was reported missing. He was located by Prince Rupert RCMP while he was trying to hitch hike.
- A Counterfeit $10 bill was passed at a school. Under investigation.
- Suicidal 15 yr old girl. Police transported her to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- A person witnessed a 24 yr old man breaching his house arrest. Under investigation.
- An intoxicated man entered a residence on Scott Ave, claimed it was his aunt’s residence, and told everyone to leave. The home owner and the man got into a scuffle. The man left with a bloody nose. Police found the 28 yr old man and took him to Mills Memorial Hospital. Under investigation.
- A side by side flipped end over end down
Suicide Hillon Copper Mountain. The 20 yr old driver was ejected and seriously injured. The 22 yr old passenger remained in the vehicle till it settled. He suffered minor injuries. Due to the location and availability of sober drivers it was slow to shuttle the emergency personnel into the scene. Accounts as to the series of events were conflicting due to the witnesses being intoxicated and not cooperative. The driver remains in the hospital.
- A suicidal 16 yr old girl was apprehended by police under the Mental Health Act and transported to Mills Memorial Hospital. She was too violent for staff at Mills Memorial Hospital and handed back to the police.
- A grey 2003 Pontiac Grand Am with one headlight was checked on Lakelse Ave. The 24 yr old driver was served a prohibition notice.
- A red vehicle swerving all over the road near Gyiik Rd and Kwinitsa Ave. Police located a red 1998 Pontiac Sunfire and pulled it over on Hwy 16 west. The 33 yr old driver failed a roadside screening device. She was issued an immediate roadside suspension and the vehicle she was driving was impounded.
- Suicidal 15 yr old boy broke into the family’s garage containing firearms. A witness reported that the boy had attended to their residence and spoke with a girl then left a firearm in their backyard prior to leaving on foot. The boy attended to the detachment the next morning. Police transported him to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- Sometime between Sept 15, 3 PM and Sept 16, noon a person threw a large piece of firewood at the windshield of a white 2002 GMC Sierra pickup truck parked on Thornhill St.
- A purse was stolen from a room at the Bear Country Inn. The woman had stepped outside for a couple minutes and when she returned her purse was gone.
- A black BMX bike was found in the bushes and turned into the detachment.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).