HERE ARE the incidents requiring the presence of Terrace RCMP officers over the past 24 hours.
– a white 2000 Ford pickup was blocking part of a lane at Tim Horton’s on Lakelse Ave.
– cell false 911
– possible theft at Save On Foods. Unsubstantiated.
– a man and a woman were arrested for public intoxication at the bus station on Lakelse Ave. The is the third time the man has been arrested for public intoxication, in three days.
– report of an injured aggressive dog at the Husky gas station on Lakelse Ave. Police located a healthy uninjured dog that was lodged in the animal shelter
– break and enter to Dairy Queen at 10:17 PM on Jan. 11. A man in dark clothing wearing gloves gained entry by smashing the glass doors.
– domestic dispute. A man was arrested for assault and uttering threats. He was violent and uncooperative with police. He is held for court on Jan. 12.
– a woman reported that she had cut up a body and put it in a garbage bag. Police attended to the residence and spoke with the intoxicated woman. A body was not discovered. A community response worker from Mills Memorial Hospital assisted police with the investigation.
– man arrested for public intoxication on Sparks St.
– a woman was causing problems for staff at the Ksan Transition House. She was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital.
– suspicious vehicle on Tuck Ave. Vehicle described as an older white van with a single man inside.
– unpaid taxi fare on Keith Ave. Parties involved were intoxicated. Under investigation.
– a person witnessed and reported a hit and run in the parking lot of Mills Memorial Hospital. Minor damage. The registered owners of both vehicles were contacted. A violation ticket was issued for failing to remain at an accident.
– harassment by repeated phone calls. Police gave advice on the matter.
– possible gun shots near Walsh Ave. Extensive checks were done of the area.
– loud music on Loen Ave. The person responsible was told to turn it down.
– loud party on Scott Ave. It was shut down by police.
– attempt break and enter to the Terrace Youth Soccer building at 2:05 AM on Jan. 12. Damage was sustained to the building.
– false business alarm on Kalum St
– suspicious man on Thornhill St / Old Lakelse Lake Dr. After thorough checks, police determined that the man has reason to be at that location. Unsubstantiated.
– BC Ambulance request police assistance to a call on Cedar Key. While en route, police were advised they were no longer needed.
– report of an unlicenced driver.
– motor vehicle accident 60 km West of Terrace
– break and enter with theft on Usk Ferry Road. Stolen were: a green single axle boat trailer with BC LP #URA 24A, chrome Alaska chain saw, 3 sets of sheep horns, wolverine mount, 2 Husqavarna saws, Kerosene heater, Makita saw, and 10 gallons of oil.
– suspicious noises outside of a residence. Checks were done of the entire residence and residents.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.