Over the past 24 hours these are some of the events drawing the attention of the Terrace RCMP:
– female was reported missing. She was located later the same day
– complaint of an address that is a hang out for runaways, alcohol and drugs are frequently supplied
to underage youth. Matter is under investigation
– an confused elderly male needed assistance in getting home
– male was arrested for public intoxication
– on Sept 19 at 8:32 PM police were called to an accident involving a motor vehicle and a cyclist. The cyclist had hurt his head. He was not wearing a helmet. He was transported to Mills hospital for precautionary reasons.
– on Sept 19 at 10:25 PM a female stole two bottles of Royal Reserve whiskey from the Coast Beer and Wine Store on Lakelse Ave. The female is described as native, early 20’s, black hoodie, grey jogging pants, wearing glasses.
– male was arrested for causing a disturbance
Elsewhere in Terrace
– a male youth was reported missing. He was found the same day.
– complaint of a vehicle blocking part of the road on Kalum Hill at Munthe Ave.
– a Magellan GPS unit was stolen from an unlocked 2009 Pontiac Vibe sometime in the last couple weeks sometime prior to Sept 12, a blue 2009 Honda Civic suffered damage to the rear driver’s side in a hit and run
– a bear was in a back yard on Kalum St
– an assault occurred at Parkside School
– complaint received of nasty messages being sent via Facebook
– a male was arrested for public intoxication.
– cigarettes and monies were stolen from an unlocked Jeep parked at Chances Casino. A female was arrested for theft and the stolen articles were returned to the owner.
– complaint received of a group of youth attempting to break into a burned out unit in Kalum Gardens. Police attended and secured the unit. The youth were gone.
– complaint received of two males attempting to steal a bike on Park Ave. The bike and its bike lock were not damaged.
– complaint of an erratic driver running over a sign and then dropping off 3 males who were now arguing on Sparks St. Police attended the location and found that the sign was not run over. The area was quiet and males arguing were not located.
– complaint of fireworks on Graham St
– police attended to a domestic verbal argument
– complaint received of a person harassing and refusing to leave a residence.
– break and enter with theft to a residence and storage shed on Muller Ave sometime in the late hours of Sept 17. Thieves gained access to residence through a previously boarded over window and to the shed by destroying the door knob. A painting, two cordless drills with batteries and chargers, and computer speakers were taken.
– a lost wallet was recovered by its owner.
– police were called to assist the ambulance with a distraught female
Kitsumkalum, Kitselas, Gitaus
– a roll of 1960’s coins and a gold watch with a name engraved on the back were stolen from an unlocked grey Mazda pickup truck parked on Spokeshute St sometime on either the 14th or 15th of September.
– ammunition was turned in for destruction
– an unoccupied new home on First Ave at Lakelse Lake was broken into
– police investigated threats made by a youth in foster care to Ministry of Children and Family