HERE ARE the events requiring the presence of Terrace RCMP officers over the past 24 hours.
– pedestrian motor vehicle incident at Sparks St / Greig Ave
– false cellular 911 call
– possible shoplifting investigation at Safeway
– wallet was found near the Coast. It was returned with its owner
– false business 911 call on Lazelle Ave
– a woman yelling and screaming and threw glitter at a business on Lazelle Ave. The woman was located and warned to stay away from the business.
– purse containing various belongings was left in a shopping cart at Save On Foods.
– three woman drinking alcohol by the bridge behind the mall. Checks were done of area.
– suicidal 25 yr old woman. BC Ambulance transported her to hospital.
– verbal domestic dispute. A man and woman were separated.
– an intoxicated man called police wanting a place to stay. He then attended to the detachment. Police directed him to the men’s shelter.
– a native man in his 30’s wearing a blue Hockyville jersey stole a bag of bottles off a porch on Kalum St. Checks were done of area.
– a woman who recently moved with U-Haul was called by someone who claimed to be U-Haul. They stated they overcharged her and wanted to credit her Mastercard. Instead, there are now extra charges to her Mastercard. Under investigation.
– Loss Prevention Officer of Walmart arrested a 34 yr old man for shoplifting. He is banned from the store.
– familial dispute. A tire of vehicle was deliberately punctured. People involved were separated for the night.
– false business alarm on Keith Ave
– noisy party on Pear St was shut down by police
– 911 call on Pear St. A lone intoxicated woman at the scene was fine and extremely uncooperative with police. Police checked the residence to ensure nobody needed help.
– 911 hang up call from a cellular phone, a woman asking for help. The woman was located at a neighbor’s’s residence. She was extremely intoxicated and fine and couldn’t remember why she called 911.
– shoplifting from Copperside Foods on Hwy 16 West. Suspect man is Caucasian, in his 30’s, wearing a grey sweater, grey hat, and jeans.
– a suicidal 31 yr old woman was apprehended under the Mental Health Act and transported to Mills Memorial Hospital
– suspicious occurrence on Tuck Ave. Checks of area were done.
– police assisted BC Ambulance with a 23 yr old suicidal woman.
– stolen Iphone.
– single vehicle motor vehicle incident approximately 60 km East of Terrace on Hwy 16. The driver, a 24 yr old woman and her 3 yr old daughter were en route to Terrace from Smithers and hit the ditch. They did not have injuries. The driver was arrested for impaired driving and provided samples of breath over double the legal limit. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel. Violation tickets were alse issued.
– wallet found on Kofoed Dr was turned in to detachment
– domestic dispute. An intoxicated woman throwing things around yelling at people.
– possible impaired driver in a blue car on Hwy 16 West
– drug activity reported
– erratic driver on Old Lakelse Lake Dr.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.c