HERE ARE the events requiring the presence of Terrace RCMP officers for the 24-hour period ending 8 am, Sept. 5, 2012.
– domestic dispute in front of Misty River Books. The couple had left in a vehicle. Police spoke with the people involved. It was a verbal argument over a cell phone.
– a man was observed vomiting out of his driver’s window. Police spoke with the man. He ate something that did not agree with him.
– false business alarm on Eby St
– a group of youth were asked to leave McDonald’s and were refusing to do so. Police attended and told the group to move along.
– man passed out inside of McDonald’s. Police arrested a 28 yr old man for public intoxication.
– during patrol police observed a man passed out on a bench near the Scotiabank on Lakelse Ave. Police arrested the 70 yr old man for public
– neighborhood dispute on Molitor St. Two men were yelling at each other. Police spoke with the two men. Ongoing issue.
– theft from an unlocked vehicle parked on Skoglund that occurred approximately two weeks ago. Binoculars and fishing gear included rods with reels were stolen.
– a Trophy XL fishing rod and reel were stolen from a boat parked in a carport on Straume Ave. Happened sometime over the last month.
– a green Subaru ran a stop sign on Eby St / Lakelse Ave. Checks were done of area. No other information was provided.
– a man was almost hit by a Subaru Forester in the parking lot of the Back Eddy Pub. Checks were done of area.
– false business alarm on Kenney St
– Mills Memorial Hospital request police assistance with an uncooperative patient. Police attended. The patient was cooperative.
– a woman reported that her daughter was supposed to be on a plane for Vancouver and she has not heard from her. Police spoke with the woman shortly after. She had made contact with her daughter who had decided to go to Prince Rupert instead.
– man passed out by the Terrace Public Library. Police arrested a 27 yr old man for public intoxication.
– Three intoxicated men in a yard on Kalum St refusing to leave at request of homeowner. Police attended. The gate to the yard was still open. The men had left.
– man passed out in an unlocked Dodge Caravan at a residence on Kalum St.
– sexual assault investigation
– a 20 yr old patient of Mills Memorial Hospital is missing.
– a woman requested a well being check of her father who lives in Victoria.
– intoxicated woman at the Chevron on Hwy 16 east. BC Ambulance transported the woman to Mills Memorial Hospital due to her level of intoxication. An intoxicated man also at the location was handed over to the care of a sober person.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting
TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).