Fire damages Terrace, B.C. home

Improper disposal of smoking material suspected as cause

  • Thu Aug 4th, 2016 8:00pm
  • News

Part of the damage caused by a fire last night to a home on the 4800 block of Park Avenue.

On Wednesday August 3, 2016 at approximately 5:35 PM, the Terrace Fire Department responded to reports of a structure fire on the 4800 block of Park Ave.

The fire started on the exterior of the residence and made its way into the attic space before being detected. Fire crews from Terrace extinguished the fire using two fire trucks and 15 department members. There were no response personnel injured during the incident. Emergency Social Services are looking after the occupants of the residence, providing lodging and essentials.

The suspected cause of the fire is the improper disposal of smoking material. The Terrace Fire Department would like to remind the public to properly dispose of and extinguish all cooking ash and smokers’ materials in a non-combustible container.