The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 31 calls for service from January 14th, 8 AM till January 15th, 8 AM. During the same time period nine people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Five of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- A credit card was stolen, used to make purchases, and then returned to the owner. Police spoke with a person. The matter had worked itself out.
- Police observed a woman in breach of a no go to a location. The woman was spoken with.
- A group causing a disturbance on Lakelse Ave. Police spoke with the group.
- Assist Prince George RCMP with an investigation.
- A group of people drinking alcohol in behind a building on Lakelse Ave. Two of the women were in breach of a no contact condition. They were spoken with. Some alcohol was dumped.
- An intoxicated person causing a disturbance outside of a motel on Hwy 16. An adult woman was arrested. Two other women were in breach of a no contact condition and spoken with.
- A man and woman passed out in behind an alley off of Lakelse Ave. An adult woman was arrested
- An intoxicated man on Kalum St being aggressive with paramedics. Police transported the intoxicated man to an alternate location.
- Four intoxicated people hanging out in the Bank of Montreal ATM lobby. The group agreed to walk over to the shelter. A 44 year old man was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- An intoxicated man causing a disturbance in behind a restaurant on Lakelse Ave. Checks of the area were done.
- Police spoke with a group observed to be loitering on Lakelse Ave/Emerson St. A woman started to yell and swear and walk into traffic. She was arrested. Another man was arrested when he began to yell and swear as well.
- False business alarm on Lakelse Ave.
- Theft from an unlocked red 2001 Dodge 1500 Ram truck parked on the 5000 block of Medeek Ave. The faceplate of a Kenwood stereo and a book of CDs were stolen.
- Traffic incident. Police spoke with the people involved. Unfounded.
- Uttering threats via Facebook. This led to police arresting a man for theft. Under investigation.
- Man passed out in the Park Medical Building. Police arrested a middle aged intoxicated man.
- An intoxicated man staggering around Park Ave. Police arrested a 28 yr old man. He ignored police then resisted arrest and had to be taken to the ground for control. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- False residential alarm on Maroney Ave.
- Possible impaired driver on Tuck Ave. Checks of the area were done.
- False business alarm on Graham Ave.
- Boot prints observed in the snow on private property. The area and property were checked.
- Assist external agency with three investigations.
- Sexual assault. Police spoke with a woman. It was determined to be a fabricated complaint.
- Break and enter to a residence under construction on Krumm Rd sometime between Jan 11th and 13th. China, silverware, and a chop saw were stolen.
- A report of tampering with a piece of machinery. Police spoke with a person and several inconsistencies as to what had happened were noted. Further action was not taken.
- A Nissan Maxima in the ditch on Hwy 16 near Shames Mountain Rd. The incident had already been reported.
- Neighbourhood dispute on Laurel St. Police spoke with the people involved.
- Assist a person with picking up personal belongings.
- Breach of Probation conditions of not following house rules and abstain from consumption of drugs. A youth was delivered to the detachment by their parent and arrested. The youth is held for court.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.