The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 17 calls for service from October 28th, 8 AM till October 29th, 8 AM. During the same time period three people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Two of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- Intoxicated man near the library. Checks of the area were done.
- Intoxicated man staggering near Safeway. Checks of the area were done.
- Hit and run on Lazelle Ave. Witnesses took pictures of the driver and the suspect vehicle. Under investigation.
- Possible stolen bike in the Skeena Mall. Checks of the area were done.
- Assault. Police spoke with the people involved. The fight was consensual.
- Police observed an amorous couple at Emerson St/Lakelse Ave. Checks determined that the woman was in breach of a no contact condition. The 18 yr old woman was arrested. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- A wallet was found on Emerson St.
- Intoxicated man on Kalum St. Police observed the man walk into his residence. A further check determined that the man had a sober person to care for him.
- Assist Prince Rupert RCMP with document service.
- Domestic assault. A woman was assaulted with a hash brown. Police spoke with the people involved and a resolution was reached till calmer heads could prevail.
- Uttering threats. Police spoke with a woman who had a homicidal plan. She was apprehended under the Mental Health Act and transported to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- False residential alarm on Tuck Ave.
- Theft of vehicle. Police located the vehicle. It was not stolen. The keys were put into the care of a sober person.
- Breach of probation investigation.
- Two men causing a disturbance by yelling and swearing on Kalum St. Police spoke with one man.
- An intoxicated man deliberately jumped into newly poured concrete on Eby St/Keith Ave. Police arrested a 40 yr old man. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Suicidal adult man. Police apprehended the man under the Mental Health Act and transported him to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- An intoxicated man refusing to leave the Hall St shelter. Police transported the man to the damp shelter.
- Intoxicated man refusing to leave the casino. Police arrested the adult man when he continued to not cooperate with leaving.
- A youth refusing to go home. The situation resolved itself.
- A man possibly abducted by three men. The man was located at his residence and was fine.
- Intoxicated person at the library. Checks of the area were done.
- Police heard an audible alarm at a business on Hwy 16. Checks determined that the alarm was false.
- Information on criminal activity received.
- Domestic dispute. Police spoke with the people involved. A resolution was reached.
- Intoxicated person hitchhiking and giving people the finger on Hwy 16 near Kalum Lake Rd. Police arrested an adult man.
- A suspicious red strobe light on Terrace Mountain. Police observed the light. It appeared to be flashing because of moving cloud cover.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000