THE Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 20 calls for service from May 16, 8 AM till May 17, 8 AM. During the same time period there were eight people lodge in Terrace Cells. Six of these were lodged for public intoxication.
– two intoxicated men on Lakelse Ave. Checks were done of the area.
– BC Ambulance requested police assistance with an intoxicated man who had fallen from his bicycle on Kalum St. The 40 yr old man was arrested for public intoxication. When the man sobered up police determined that the bike was not his. The green and white CCM Supercycle 6 speed bike was seized.
– man passed out beside the Scotiabank on Lakelse Ave. The 30 yr old man was arrested for public intoxication.
– member on patrol observed two men passed out in Brolly Square at Emerson St/Lakelse Ave. A 26 yr old man was arrested for public intoxication.
– domestic dispute. A woman had enough of a man’s infidelity and took all of his belongings and put them outside of the front door and told him to leave. Police assisted the man. No offence occurred.
– ongoing harassment investigation.
– theft from an unlocked vehicle parked at the Chances Casino. Ongoing investigation.
– a man acting in a suspicious manner near a vehicle on Davis Ave. The man ran off after he was confronted. He is described as Caucasian, 40’s, 5 ft 10 inches, wearing a tan baseball cap and a brown jacket. Nothing was taken from the vehicle.
– theft of shoes from Trigo’s Footwear. The suspect is described as Caucasian, 5 ft 7 inches, skinny, moustache, wearing a yellow jacket.
– assault of a 5 yr old boy. Under investigation.
– two suspicious looking people in the bleachers at Riverside Park. Police located the couple but they ran into nearby trees. The man was spotted later on Lakelse Ave. He jumped a fence and ran to evade police. Police were unable to identify the cause of the guilty conscience.
– domestic dispute. A man being belligerent towards his spouse. Four children in the house as well. No offence occurred. The man left the residence for the night.
– intoxicated group drinking, urinating, and talking about drugs in a vacant lot on Park Ave. A 22 yr old woman, a 21 yr old man, and a 17 yr old girl were arrested for public intoxication. Police called BC Ambulance for the 22 yr old woman due to her level of intoxication. A knife was seized from the 17 yr old girl.
– man and woman standing at Munroe St/Park Ave. The woman was observed to be intoxicated and wearing no shoes. Police transported the woman to her residence. There was nobody to ensure her safety at the residence so she was arrested for public intoxication.
– 24 yr old woman was assaulted by a 19 yr old woman and suffered facial injuries. A second call was received that the 19 yr old woman also assaulted another 19 yr old woman who also suffered facial injuries. Ongoing investigation.
– a woman sent a friend a text requesting assistance. The friend called police.
– a Supercycle Model 1500 rusted 15 speed mountainbike with purple handle bars and a gold CCM Scout 21 speed mountain bike with front suspension were found at the Terrace RCMP Detachment.
– assist another federal agency with confirming the address of a man
– breach of probation warrant issued on a 16 yr old girl
– a large, unshaven, Caucasian man wearing a red jacket with a stripe urinating and defecating on the sidewalk of Kalum St near the bench. Checks were done of the area.
– domestic assault investigation
– parents of a 17 yr old girl found the beginnings of a marihuana grow in her bedroom. Police spoke with the people involved and provided advice on the matter.
– two calls of barking dog on Crescent St. Same dog as previous night. Police served a bylaw violation ticket to the owner of the dog and informed him of the raised cost of a second ticket.
– abandoned grey 1992 Honda Accord near the Welcome to Terrace sign. Police contacted the registered owner of the vehicle.
– a semi truck blocking an entire traffic lane on Lodgepole Rd. Police spoke with the driver who moved the truck.
– Chronic AWOL 15 yr old youth. He stated that he was not coming home for the night and staying at a friend’s house.
– a yellow Ford F10 truck drove in a driveway on Old Lakelse Lake Dr, the driver exited the truck and ran. Police were able to speak with the driver and registered owner and confirmed the truck was not stolen. The residence owner where the truck was left was advised to have the truck towed at the registered owner’s expense.
– found property
– sexual assault investigation
– false 911 call. A 3 yr old child was playing with the phone.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.