AND HERE are the incidents requiring the attention of Terrace RCMP officers from 7 am Dec. 13 to 8 am Dec. 15.
– false business alarm on Greig Ave
– false business alarm on Lazelle Ave
– fight outside of the Best Western Inn. Police attended and arrested a man for public intoxication.
– intoxicated 18 yr old man causing problems at the Coast Cold Beer and Wine Store. Police located the man a short distance away and arrested him for breaching his undertaking of not to consume alcohol.
– motor vehicle accident in the parking lot of the Coast Inn of the West. A 2000 black Lexus backed into a green 2006 Dodge Caravan. Both vehicles had minor damage.
– suicidal man. Unfounded.
– false business alarm on Park Ave
– report of possible marijuana being loaded into a grey 2001 Chev Cavalier on Greig Ave. Checks were done of area.
– a 2004 grey Mazda parked on Kalum St was broken into during the night of Dec. 13/14. A camera, Ipod, and Oakley sunglasses were stolen.
– A vehicle belonging to a person known to be associated to a man with outstanding warrants was checked. He was driving the vehicle. He was arrested on his warrants and also obstruction for providing police with a false name. Marijuana was located on his person during his search. He was also issued a driving prohibition, his vehicle was impounded, and he was issued a violation ticket.
– a woman reported that an unknown woman told her that her cousin was being held hostage at an
apartment. It was unfounded.
– a suicidal 15 yr old girl was spoken with.
– complaint of snow removal being noisy. The bylaw was reviewed. The bylaw states that commercial snow clearing that abuts a residential zone is restricted from 11 PM to 5 AM. The City of Terrace is dealing with the matter.
– false business 911 call on Park Ave
– theft of bike. Under investigation. Parties involved are known to each other.
– a 15 yr old girl was arrested for public intoxication
– report of a man sleeping in the bus stop on Sparks St. Police located the man. He had sobered up. He was transported to a residence.
– false business alarm on Keith Ave
– two teens were looking in the window of a vehicle parked on Weber Ave in the early hours of the morning. They ran off when the owner banged on his window.
– domestic dispute. A man was arrested for assault and breaching his condition of to leave person upon their request. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– Kalum Motel reported that a woman in a room had called yelling for help. Police attended and located four intoxicated people. They stated that another group had wanted to fight them, thus the call for help. That group had dispersed.
– a suicidal man was apprehended under the Mental Health Act and transported to Mills Memorial Hospital via BC Ambulance. He later walked away from the hospital. Police located and arrested him and transported him back to the hospital.
– noisy party complaint on Little Ave. Police shut the party down.
– uttering threats investigation. An unhappy separation and custody issues.
– a semi spun out while attempting the hill on Old Lakelse Lake Dr and Crescent St. Both roads were shut down by police for about 90 minutes while the driver put his chains on. The road conditions were very bad. The semi was pulling two empty flat bed trailers.
– staff from Mills Memorial Hospital reported that a 17 yr old girl had disclosed that she was assaulted by her boyfriend. Under investigation.
– report of a person using drugs in his house. Under investigation.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.