HERE’S THE highlights of the past 24 hours for Terrace RCMP:
– motor vehicle incident on Lakelse Ave. near Safeway. A motor home side swiped a parked vehicle. No injuries.
– a bag of items including various ID’s were found in behind North Coast Anglers and turned into the detachment.
– a black wallet containing various ID and cash was lost on Lakelse Ave.
– intoxicated man on Lakelse Ave near the Royal Bank. The 48-year-old man was located and arrested for pubic intoxication.
– 5-year-old boy yelling for his mom with a man chasing him onto the street out of the Salvation Army store. Police located the boy crying, scared, soiled, and running out onto Kalum St. near the courthouse. The boy was returned to his parents. Police spoke with the staff at a business where the child had been left and went thru steps in order to not have an incident like this repeated.
– false business alarm on Lakelse Ave.
– domestic dispute. Verbal argument. The people involved agreed to separate for the night.
– an aggressive pan handler in the Real Canadian Wholesale Parking Lot. A 21-year-old man was spoken with about his actions.
– a blue Chevrolet Cobalt driving erratically on the Sande Overpass almost causing an accident. Checks were done of area. The complainant did not provide further details to follow up on.
– a found wallet was turned into the detachment. The owner of the wallet was contacted to come and pick it up.
– a person reported that another woman threw keys at her and wanted to fight her on Lazelle Ave. The woman did not want any police involvement.
– well being check of a 74-year-old woman. Police spoke with the woman. She was frustrated with an ex calling her constantly so took the phone off the hook. Police spoke with the ex about calling restrictions.
– intoxicated man on Lakelse Ave. A 36-year-old man was arrested for public intoxication.
– abandoned 911 call from Mills Memorial Hospital. Hospital staff checked the area the call originated from. Police attended. Everything was fine.
– a stereo system was stolen from a car. Police spoke with the person involved. A couple weeks ago the car was “stolen” from a residence on Hanson St. and then returned 2 days ago minus the stereo and speakers.
– abandoned 911 call from the payphone at the Terrace Arena. Checks were done of the area.
– missing 48-year-old man. A warrant was issued for his apprehension.
– possible gun shots heard near Bruce St.
– two intoxicated people refusing to leave an address on Tetrault St.
– 14-year-old girl missing. Chronic runaway.
– intoxicated 50-year-old man outside of a residence yelling at the occupant within. The man is on a no contact condition with the occupant. Police located the man sleeping on a couch near the residence. The man was arrested for breach. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– a bear was following a person on Mountain Vista. Checks were done of area.
– report of an unwelcome person being inside of a residence on Muller Ave. The person was at work and could not confirm. Police attended the residence. The person inside of the residence stated that the unwelcome person was never there.
– a Caucasian man in his 30’s wearing a blue checkered shirt on a bike stole a pair of green hiking boots from a porch at the Copper River Motel. Checks were done of area.
– a man described as Caucasian, 30 to 40 years of age, 5 ft 5 inches, short blondish hair, wearing yellow sunglasses and a blue back pack, on a bike, stole a purse from a vehicle parked at the Macs Store. The window was left down and the man was observed to reach in a take the purse and then fled to the bushes. The purse is described as gold “Guess” and contained purple sunglasses.
– a female could be heard screaming in the area of Thornhill Pub. Checks were done of area.
– a residence on Old Remo Rd. was subject to a break and enter. Gas was stolen from 3 Jerry cans that were sitting in the back of a pickup truck.
– a fishing vest and fishing licence was lost on the Skeena River. The property was found, turned into the detachment, and returned to its owner.
– a cross bow pistol was seized by airport security from a passenger on Jazz Air.
– hit and run at the Canadian Tire that occurred on July 28. Minor damage.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting “TERRACE plus your message” to 274637 (CRIMES).