The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 24 calls for service from October 25, 8 a.m. until October 26, 8 a.m. During the same time period, two people were lodged in Terrace Cells. One of these was for public intoxication.
- hit and run to a white 2006 Chevrolet pickup truck parked at the Bear Country Inn on Lakelse Ave. The driver’s side mirror was damaged.
- motor vehicle collision on Lakelse Ave. between a black 1995 Ford Ranger and a 2012 Chevrolet pickup truck. The Chevrolet sustained minor damage.
- fight between two men ages 18 and 29 years of age on the corner of Lazelle Ave. and Kalum St. Injuries were minor and fight was consensual.
- a set of keys were lost outside of Save On Foods.
- a black purse was found near St. Matthews Anglican Church containing various items. There was no ID in the purse.
- a man on conditions stemming from a domestic has breached his probation. Under investigation.
- sexual assault investigation.
- an intoxicated man attempting to fight himself and others in a residence on Hanson St. Police arrested the 42-year-old man for mischief.
- a man was assaulted and his money was stolen on Kalum St. The man was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital for injuries received. Under investigation.
- a Jeep and a brown truck appeared to be running into each other near Skeena Junior School. Police spoke with the registered owner of the Jeep. The battery had died in the Jeep and the truck was used to push it off the roadway.
- a man carrying a gas can on Scott Ave. was overheard to say that he wanted to set something on fire. Checks were done of area.
- false cellular 911 call
- an intoxicated man banging on a door on Hanson St. wanting to get in. The man left on his own accord when he saw the police arriving. Checks were done of area.
- intoxicated 18-year-old punching a vehicle window and out of control. Police left him in the care of a sober person.
- domestic dispute in the middle of Kalum St. in front of Terrace Law Court. An intoxicated 21-year-old man was arrested for assault. Under investigation.
- fireworks at 4 a.m. near Loen Ave. and Sparks St. Checks were done of area.
- an elderly woman sleeping in a grey Pontiac Sunfire in the parking lot of Walmart.
- suspicious occurrence on Halliwell Ave. / Skoglund St. A white van seemed to follow a 13-year-old boy and creeped him out. Under investigation.
- fraud. Two letters were received by mail requesting money.
- fraud. A person received a call from a man asking for money for disabled persons.
- police observed an intoxicated man staggering down the Old Bridge. The 44-year-old man was arrested for public intoxication.
- someone banging on the front door trying to get into a residence on Rifle Range Road. Police checked the perimeter of the home and found a garbage can covered in saliva. It was a critter of some sort.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at 250-638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).