The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 137 calls for service from June 9th, 8 am till June 13th, 8 am. During the same time period fifteen people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Seven of these people were lodged for intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
- Police pulled over a grey GMC Sierra truck on Agar Ave. The driver did not have a driver’s license and had outstanding warrants for driving while disqualified. Checks also determined that he was breaching an Undertaking condition of not to be in the driver’s seat of a vehicle. The 58 yr old man was arrested and is held for court. The vehicle was impounded.
- A blue stunt Huffy bike with the word Brazen written in black ink was found.
- Domestic dispute. A man and a woman both sustained minor injuries. Both were arrested. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel on both.
- A community bike pump was stolen from George Little Park sometime in the last couple of weeks.
- A white 2016 GMC truck was observed being driven in an erratic manner on Hwy 16 west. The driver provided samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in fails. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- A suicidal 23 yr old man was apprehended under the Mental Health Act and transported to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment.
- A grey 2007 Pontiac Torrent was keyed and the rear driver’s tire was slashed while it was parked on the 4500 block of Scott Ave during the night of June 8/9.
- A man was observed hanging around the police detachment. Checks determined that he was breaching an Undertaking condition of not to be near any emergency services vehicle unless directed to do so. He attempted to flee from police when he was arrested but was quickly apprehended. A knife was seized from his person which was in breach of Probation condition of not to possess weapons. The 37 yr old man is held for court.
- A suicidal 60 yr old man was apprehended under the Mental Health Act and transported to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment.
- Police observed a truck with an inoperative brake light. Checks determined that the license plate of the truck was stolen. The license plate at the front of the truck was attached to another vehicle. Both plates were seized and the 50 yr old man was arrested. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel. The truck was towed.
- A black and white 21 speed bike with silver pedals and handle grip shifters was stolen from a residence in the 4800 block of Scott Ave during the day of June 9th.
- A man passed out in a parking lot off of Lakelse Ave. Checks determined that the man was in breach of condition of Recognizance of not to consume alcohol. The 29 yr old man was arrested and held for court.
- A Cannon C100 camera with a shotgun mic was stolen from a residence in the 5000 block of Medeek Ave sometime between 4 am and 7 pm on June 10.
- A grey 2011 Chevrolet Traverse hit the ditch on Highway 37 near Krumm Ave. No injuries. The vehicle was towed.
- A woman was assaulted by another woman at the Northern Motor Inn on June 11th at approximately 2 am. Under investigation.
- Two men acting suspiciously in a taxi. Police spoke with the men. One refused to cooperate so he was arrested. Drugs were seized. Charges are being forwarded to crown Counsel on the 25 yr old man.
- A badly beaten man at a motel on Greig Ave. The man was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital for treatment of his injuries. Under investigation.
- Suspicious package on the Greyhound bus. The package contained a small amount of drugs. Under investigation.
- A Chevrolet Cobalt was vandalized while it was parked on the 4500 block of Queensway Dr on the night of June 10/11. Two tires were slashed and the rear passenger window was smashed out with a rock.
- A man walking on Kenny St/Walsh Ave making sexual comments to young girls in the area and jumping in and out of traffic. Police spoke with the man and apprehended him under the Mental Health Act. He was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment.
- Break and enter. A hat was stolen and surveillance footage shows an invisible person inside of the residence. Police viewed the footage and determined that the invisible culprit was the cat. The hat is likely misplaced.
- A suicidal youth was apprehended under the Mental Health Act and transported to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment.
- Investigation of removal of lava rock from the Lava Bed Provincial Park.
- A man was assaulted in the parking lot off of Lazelle Ave. A 19 yr old man was arrested. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.