The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 156 calls for service from June 16th, 8 am till June 21st, 8 am. During the same time period twenty seven people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Fourteen of these people were lodged for intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
- Voyeurism incident under investigation.
- A blue 2015 Jeep Patriot and a motorcycle collided on Keith Ave near Hall St. No injuries. The motorcycle sustained damage.
- A blue 1991 Suzuki Swift and a bicycle collided at Loen Ave/Kalum St. No injuries.
- A fight on Eby St/Walsh Ave. Checks determined that a person is in breach of Probation condition of a curfew and no contact with a person. Under investigation.
- A black suitcase containing various items was stolen from an unlocked blue Ford F150 parked in front of the Bear Country Inn during the night of June 16/17.
- A green Ford SUV swerved to avoid hitting a dog on Lazelle Ave and lost control crashing into a Hydro pole. The driver suffered minor injuries and the vehicle was towed.
- Breach of a Probation condition of no contact with a person. Under investigation.
- Breach of a Probation condition of not to consume alcohol. A 20 yr old man was arrested and held for court.
- A white, 18 speed, Next mountain bike with pink ribbon tied on a bar near the seat and one broken hand brake was stolen from a residence on the 4900 block of Davis Ave on the morning of June 18.
- A suspicious package was seized from the Greyhound courier service. Under investigation.
- A bike collided with a parked dump truck just off Hwy 37 south. The driver of the bike suffered minor injuries. The bike was broken into two pieces. No damage to the dump truck.
- A driver on a motorcycle lost control on Old Lakelse Lake Dr and hit the ditch, causing the driver to be ejected from the motorbike and suffering injuries. The driver was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital. The motorbike was towed.
- A 48 yr old man wanted on an outstanding warrant out of New Hazelton was arrested on Lakelse Ave. He was in breach of Undertaking condition of not to be in contact with a person if having consumed alcohol. He is held for court.
- A white Dodge Dakota was pulled over in a vehicle checkstop on Queensway Dr. Police arrested the 34 yr old passenger who was in breach of no contact conditions. A large bag of marihuana was seized. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- A blue 2011 Chevrolet Silverado hit a bear on Hwy 16 west of Terrace. The vehicle sustained front end damage. The bear ran off into the bush.
- Impaired driver in a black 2011 GMC truck. Police pulled the truck over on Hwy 16 west near the Brick. The 28 yr old driver provided samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in fails. He was issued an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- A table was stolen from outside of a restaurant on Lakelse Ave. Police located the table and returned it. A woman was spoken with.
- Domestic dispute. A man and a woman were both breaching conditions of no contact. The man was further breaching a condition of not to go to a location. The woman was arrested. Under investigation. Charges are being forwarded on both.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).