The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 93 calls for service from December 19th, 8 am till December 21st, 8 am. During the same time period 15 people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Seven of these people were lodged for intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
- Distribution of child pornography investigation.
- Police apprehended an adult man under the Mental Health Act and transported him to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- A group of people sharing a twelve pack of beer in behind a business on Lakelse Ave. Checks determined that one of the men was in breach of his no consume alcohol condition and he had a warrant for his arrest. The 24 yr old man was arrested and held for court.
- A moose was struck by a truck on Hwy 113 north of Terrace near Rosswood. Checks of the area were done.
- Domestic disturbance at a motel on Hwy 16 west. Checks determined that a man was in breach of conditions of an undertaking of no contact and no consume alcohol. The 52 yr old man was arrested. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel. The intoxicated woman was also arrested.
- Police observed a man stumbling through the detachment parking lot. Checks determined that the man was in breach of his curfew condition. The 26 yr old man was arrested. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- A grey 2014 Ford Edge lost control and hit the ditch on Hwy 16 just west of the Exstew River turnoff. No injuries.
- A curfew check was conducted and the person was found in breach of his Undertaking. Under investigation.
- Two vehicles were vandalized with red spray paint sometime between 9 and 11 pm on December 18th while parked at a residence on Kilby Rd.
- A bank card was left in the ATM machine and a person fraudulently used the card to withdraw money. Under investigation.
- Sexual assault investigation.
- An intoxicated man trying to fight people. He had also smashed a window at the Arena. Police arrested a 21 yr old man and transported him to Mills Memorial Hospital for treatment of self-inflicted injuries when he smashed the window. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Police conducted a curfew check and the man was in breach of his curfew condition. Under investigation.
- Domestic disturbance. The front door or a residence had been kicked in. Due to the level of intoxication of the people involved police were unable to get a clear understanding of what had transpired. The people involved were separated. Under investigation.
- A red truck was pulled over on Hwy 37. The driver provided two samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in fails. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded. After discussion, police apprehended the man under the Mental Health Act and transported him to Mills Memorial Hospital. Marihuana and a machete were seized from the vehicle.
- A 2011 Hyundai Elantra was damaged in a hit and run while it was parked on Soucie Ave sometime during the night of December 19/20.
- Identity was stolen and is being used to fraudulently obtain various financial gains. Under investigation.
- Sexual exploitation investigation.
- A grey Dodge truck went over the curb near the Canadian Tire. The driver failed a Standardized Field Sobriety Test. Charges of driving while impaired by drug are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- The passenger side tail light of a Ford Escape was smashed out while it was parked on Century St on December 19/20 at around midnight.
- Shoplifter at Walmart. Under investigation.
- A single vehicle motor vehicle incident on Hwy 16 near Exchamsiks River. Minor injuries.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at
1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.