The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 97 calls for service from December 19th, 8 AM till December 22nd, 8 AM. During the same time period eighteen people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Five of these people were lodged for intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
- All four tires were stolen off of a white Ford F350 parked in the 3000 block of Hwy 16 east sometime during the night of December 17th.
- A red 2012 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback rear ended a black 2013 Dodge Journey on Keith Ave. No injuries.
- A blue Toyota was pulled over on Thornhill Frontage Rd. The smell of marihuana was noted. The driver and occupants of the vehicle were arrested and an amount of marihuana was seized. The 18 yr old driver was issued a Driving Suspension and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- A 2007 Toyota Yaris lost control and rolled when it hit the ditch on Hwy 16 near Shames Mountain Rd. No injuries.
- Police observed a highly intoxicated man stumble towards his blue Ford F-150 in the parking lot of the Northern Motor Inn. He proceeded to urinate while attempting to open the driver’s side door of the truck. The 18 yr old man was arrested.
- A group of youth were observed in the covered area of a school on Eby St. An amount of marihuana was seized from a 22 yr old man in the group.
- Domestic assault. Report of man assaulting a woman at the Northern Pub. Investigation determined that the woman had assaulted the man. The 23 yr old woman was arrested. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- A silver 2005 Dodge truck was pulled over on Hwy 16/Hwy 37. The 51 yr old driver provided two samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in fails. He had a class 7 driver’s licence with a restriction of zero alcohol content. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- A grey Toyota Sienna lost control and rolled when it hit the ditch on Hwy 16 near Kitwanga. No injuries.
- A man causing a disturbance at the Skeena Mall and refusing to leave. Police spoke with the people involved. The man was attempting to get a food hamper. Police escorted the man into the mall even though he was banned from the premises. Once the man learnt he was getting actual food and not a food voucher that can be sold/refunded he became angry and left on his own accord not bothering with the food.
- A black 2002 Mazda Protégé was pulled over on Lakelse Ave. The 32 yr old driver provided a sample of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in a fail. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded. He had Class 7 driver’s licence that has a restriction of zero alcohol content.
- A black 2002 Chevrolet Cobalt was pulled over on Keith Ave. The 25 yr old driver provided a sample of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in a fail. She was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle she was driving was impounded. She had a class7 driver’s licence with restriction of zero alcohol content.
- A black 2008 Chevrolet Colorado was pulled over on Hwy 16/Queensway Dr. The 30 yr old driver provided two samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in fails. She was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle she was driving was impounded.
- A fight on Muller Ave/Pine Ave. Police observed a woman with injuries to her face. Investigation determined that a 26 yr old man assaulted a woman and then punched another woman in the face who stepped in to help the woman. A man then confronted and fought the man. Police arrested the 26 yr old man. He was arrested again a few hours later when he breached no contact conditions of his undertaking. He is held for court.
- 911 call from a cellphone. Police tracked the caller down who was passed out in a bedroom. She had minor injuries. It was difficult to ascertain what had transpired due to the woman’s level of intoxication and her cooperation. She was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital by BC Ambulance. Under investigation.
- A man hearing voices and acting aggressively at the shelter on Hall St. Police apprehended the 37 yr old man under the Mental Health Act and transported him to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- Erratic driver in tractor/trailer unit on Hwy 16 near Usk. Police pulled the unit over on Keith Ave/Blakeburn St and spoke with the driver. No issues.
- Missing 43 yr old woman. Under investigation.
If you have information about a crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.