HERE ARE matters that Terrace RCMP attended to from Oct. 28, 5 p.m. to Oct. 31, 7 a.m.:
– two business false alarms, separate businesses on Lakelse Ave
– vehicle check on Greig Ave and Clinton St. An amount of marihuana was seized.
– a 16 yr old girl was arrested for breaching curfew conditions at Greig Ave and Atwood St
– two windows were broken at a business on Greig Ave
– 3 males and one female were arrested for public intoxication on separate incidents
– erratic driver on Sande Overpass
– minor motor vehicle accident at Sparks St and Lazelle Ave
– vehicle check on Lazelle Ave / Sparks St. An amount of marihuana was seized. The driver was
driving contrary to restrictions and there was open alcohol in the vehicle. Violation tickets were
– open alchohol was seized from two males on Lakelse Ave
– vehicle check on Lakelse Ave. The driver was issued a 90 day Immediate Roadside Suspension
and his vehicle was impounded.
– complaint of impaired driver on Lakelse Ave. The vehicle was found to have no insurance. It was
– complaint of a person being thrown out of a window on Greig Ave. Police investigated and
determined this did not happen.
– police and ambulance attended to a minor motor vehicle accident on Hwy 16 and Kenny St. No
– 1 female and 3 males were arrested for public intoxication on separate incidents.
– vehicle check on Hwy 16 at Ferry Island. An amount of marihuana was seized. The driver was
issed a 24 hr driving prohibition and his vehicle was towed.
– vehicle check on Lazelle Ave. An amount of cocaine was seized. The driver did not have a driver’s
licence. The vehicle was towed.
– assist ambulance on Scott Ave. An intoxicated male had suffered an injury to his cheek.
– a female was found in possession of open alcohol in the Mall parking lot
– fight on Scott Ave.
– complaint of impaired driver in a white Honda Accord at Denny’s
– bear in garbage on Halliwell. Bear not located.
– male banging on door at a residence on Scott Ave. He left on his own accord.
– false business alarm on Kalum St.
– theft from an unlocked vehicle parked on Mcconnell. A rechargeable mag light with a name engraved on it was stolen, along with change.
– assist landlord with a rental unit on Graham Ave
– police attended to a residence on Tetrault St for a verbal domestic dispute
– police attended to a residence on Graham Ave for a domestic dispute
– an amount of marijuana was seized from a male on Eby St
– a cell phone found at the Birchwood apartments was returned to its owner
– police attended a domestic dispute in the parking lot of the Northwest Community College
– a male was assaulted at Chances Casino. He was uncooperative with police and BC Ambulance.
– report of gunshots in the area of Medeek. Patrols made in area.
– a 12 yr old boy was reported missing when he failed to show up at home for his curfew. He was
located where he said he would be, and told to go home.
– noisy party complaint on Olson Ave.
– complaint of fireworks possibly at Uplands School. Checks were done of the area.
– complaint of fireworks near Tuck Ave. Checks were done of area.
– a female was reported missing from the Seven Sisters Facility. She was apprehended an hour later
on Lakelse Ave and brought back.
– complaint of under age drinking at Walsh Ave. Police attended. There wasn’t a party nor alcohol.
– a vehicle check on Scott Ave. The driver was issued a 90 day Immediate Roadside Suspension
and his vehicle was impounded.
– vehicle check on Kalum St. The driver was issued a 90 day Immediate Roadside Suspension and
his vehicle was impounded for 30 days.
– fight at a residence on Straume Ave. Police were told that a man was holding another man hostage
inside the residence at gunpoint. The man was directed out of the residence and arrested.
Investigation revealed that no threats were made, and a consensual intoxicated fight had happened
on the front lawn. A man involved in the fight was arrested for public intoxication.
– complaint of three shots fired near Davis Ave. Checks were made of area.
– request of assistance in shutting down an out of control party on Kalum St. Police attended and
shut party down
– noise complaint on Soucie Ave. Checks were done of area. Everything was quiet.
– request for residential checks while owners are away for extended period
– domestic dispute on Lazelle Ave. A man was released from jail for public intoxication then went
home and trashed the place then assaulted a female. Matter is still under investigation.
– motor vehicle accident on Keith Ave and Kenny St. A brown 1998 Chrysler New Yorker suffered
extensive damage to its front driver’s side and the driver was attended to by BC Ambulance for minor
lacerations. A white 2011 Chevrolet Cruze had to be towed. The driver did not have injuries. Police
assisted in delivering some plants that the Chrysler was en route for delivery.
– business false alarm on Keith Ave
– a man was reported missing from Mills Memorial Hospital. He was located and given a ride back to
– false 911
– complaint of a family/neighbor dispute
– panhandler in the area of Tuck Ave. Man left on own accord.
– An intoxicated man acting aggressive in a restaurant at Kalum Motel. The man left on his own
accord. He was then struck by a Ford F-150 when he attempted to cross the highway. The vehicle
was traveling slowly and did not see the man. He was transported to the hospital via ambulance. He
did not suffer any injuries.
– landlord / tenant dispute on Sparks St. Under investigation.
– complaint of neighbor’s child running around and being noisy in a neighboring apartment at a complex on Park Ave.
– noisy drug party on Little Ave. Police attended and investigated same. Nothing was found.
-domestic dispute on Paquette Ave. A female was arrested and charges are being forwarded to
Crown Counsel for approval.
– vehicle check on Hwy 16 at Sharple Rd. The driver was issued a 90 day Independent Roadside
Suspension and his vehicle was impounded for 30 days.
– report of missing man. He returned on his own accord four hours later.
– police checked an insecure building on Queensway
– theft from an unlocked vehicle on Hemlock St. A black Magellan Road-mate GPS 1212 was stolen.
– motor vehicle accident near the four way stop on Hwy 16. A 1997 blue Chevrolet Cavalier was rear
ended by a brown 2007 Honda Civic. Both vehicles were towed from the scene. The dog in the
Honda suffered a split lip. The drivers were the lone occupants and did not sustain injuries
– vehicle check on Lakelse Lake Dr near Paquette Ave. The driver was issued a 12 hour licence
– false panic alarm at a business on Hwy 16
– dispute over money and property at a residence on Hemlock St.
– well being check of 13 yr old girl who posted suicide thoughts on Facebook
– annoying phone calls
– uttering threats. Under investigation
– vehicle check at Kalum Lake Rd at Deep Creek. Driver was issued a 3 day Immediate Roadside
– unspecified assistance in a divorce matter
– erratic driver complaint. Checks done of area. Police did not have enough information to act on
– silver first nation’s bracelet was lost, possibly in the 4700 block of Lazelle Ave
– cell phone false 911
– false alarm at the airport.
– complaint of fireworks on Old Lakelse Lake Dr. Complainant wanted the fireworks to stop.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or
anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously
online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.