The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 115 calls for service from July 11th, 8 AM till July 14th, 8 AM. During the same time period twenty people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Fifteen of these people were lodged for intoxication. Here are some of the calls responded to:
- Theft from two vehicles parked at a complex on Lakelse Ave on July 11th between 1 AM and 8 AM. The passenger window of a green 2003 Chrysler Seabreaze was smashed out and a pair of black and white running shoes with neon laces was stolen. A passenger side door of a grey Dodge Ram truck was pried open and clamps, measuring tapes, adhesive kit, and hand tools were stolen.
- A grey Hyundai hit the ditch and rolled 2 km east of Flint Creek on Hwy 16. It ended up against a rock wall on its rear bumper with the front of the vehicle straight up. One woman was injured.
- A residence was vandalized on McConnell Ave sometime during the night of July 7th.
- A man in a wheel chair stole a seat cushion from an outdoor chair of restaurant on Lakelse Ave. Police located the man a short distance away who claimed no knowledge of the cushion. A search was conducted and the cushion was located between the back of the man and the wheelchair. The cushion was returned to its owner.
- A red 1995 Ford Lariat truck was pulled over on McConnell Ave near Marshall St. The 18 yr old driver provided a sample of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in a fail. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded. He had a Class 7 driver’s licence with restriction of zero alcohol.
- A disturbance at a residence on Edlund Ave. It was familial argument fueled by alcohol. A woman refused to cease her yelling so was arrested.
- A side by side quad was rolled on Skeena Dr. A 40 yr old man was injured and taken to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- Abandoned 911 call. An intoxicated 57 yr old man was in breach of numerous conditions of probation. He was transported to an alternate location. A short time later the police were called back to the residence because the man had returned. He was found hiding in a bedroom and was arrested. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- A woman lying on the side of the road at Crescent St/Hwy 16. BC Ambulance transported the woman to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment. The woman was assaulted. Under investigation.
- A brown 1994 Ford Crown Victoria was pulled over on Crescent St/Thornhill Frontage Rd. The 61 yr old driver provided a sampled of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in a fail. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Breach of a no contact order. A man went to a woman’s place of work. Police arrested the 35 yr old man. Under investigation.
- Overdue travellers in a white 103 Dodge Caravan. Under investigation.
- A red 1974 Harley Davidson motorcycle was pulled over on Hwy 16 near Fisherman’s Park. The 32 yr old driver provided two samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in fails. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- An intoxicated 17 yr old boy was denied accommodation at a residence. When he walked away from the residence he punched out the window of a parked vehicle. Checks were done of the area.
- Man passed out in the stairwell of a motel on Lakelse Ave. Checks determined that the 21 yr old man was in breach of curfew. He was arrested and is held for court. Police have had six contacts with the man in the past six days.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at External link, opens in a new windowwww.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.