THE TERRACE RCMP have responded to approximately 38 calls for service from November 13, 8 a.m. till November 14, 8 a.m. During the same time period, one person was lodged in Terrace Cells on an outstanding warrant.
- comments were made to staff at the Bear Country Inn. Police spoke with the people involved and determined the matter was being investigated already.
- police observed an intoxicated man staggering down Lakelse Ave. Police arrested him for public intoxication. The 35-year-old man had two outstanding warrants for his arrest. He is held for court.
- a couple were seen arguing in a newer model gray GMC pickup truck on Greig Ave. Checks were done of area.
- an orange 2011 Honda Fit collided with a blue 2009 Ford Escalade parked on Lazelle Ave. Damage was minor.
- a red 2007 Pontiac G6 parked on Scott Ave. had its passenger side window smashed and a black iPod Touch 8 GB with camera lens stolen. Police found the iPod amongst the possession of a 14-year-old youth that was arrested yesterday morning on similar events including assault with a knife.
- a bag of empties stolen from a backyard on Davis Ave. during the night on November 12/13.
- a 32-year-old man was apprehended under the Mental Health Act and transported via BC Ambulance to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- a 15-year-old girl trespassing on school property and refusing to leave. She left prior to police attendance.
- a 16-year-old boy broke into his friend’s home on Park Ave. and stole video games.
- a brown 2009 Pontiac Montana stopped at Kalum St./Scott Ave. pulled into the path of a mother and her children, almost hitting them. Checks were done for vehicle.
- fireworks on Haugland Ave.
- a 28-yr-old man banging on a door on Kalum St. screaming for his cell phone cord. He left prior to police attendance.
- domestic dispute. Police spoke with the people involved. A woman called 911 when a man refused to leave when she asked him to. The man was leaving when police arrived. No offence.
- suicidal 22-year-old man. Police found him in the parking lot of Chances Casino and spoke with him. Unsubstantiated. He was transported to a family member’s residence.
- a backpack and black hoodie were found in the bush at Soucie Ave. and Kalum St.
- abandoned 911 call on Labelle Ave./Munroe St.
- sexual assault investigation.
- a boy was bit buy a small dog on a leash. His injuries were treated at Mills Memorial Hospital.
- noisy party on River Dr. Police attended and spoke with the tenant. He had already shut the party down.
- single vehicle rollover on Hwy 16 near Usk. A 47-year-old driver lost control of his 2013 Chevrolet truck in the slush. No injuries.
- unlicenced driver in a white Toyota station wagon on Hwy 37/Hwy 16. Checks were done of area.
- ongoing issue of speeding vehicles on White Bottom Forest Rd.
- abandoned vehicle at Big Oliver Cr.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).