HERE ARE the events requiring the presence of Terrace RCMP officers for the 24-hour period ending 8 am Aug. 23, 2012.
– attempt theft of a bottle of Listerine at Safeway. Checks were done of the area for the 50 yr old suspect.
– false cellular 911 call
– a wallet was stolen from a person’s back pocket while he was at the thrift store on Lazelle Ave. The wallet contained various cards, ID, and money.
– intoxicated man passed out on Lakelse Ave by the Lakelse Dental. Checks were done of area.
– police on patrol observed two intoxicated people on Kalum St near Sears. A 19 yr old woman and a 36 yr old man were arrested for public intoxication. An amount of marihuana was seized from the man.
– group of youth burning cups and making a mess on Lakelse Ave. Police spoke with 3 boys ages 15, 16, and 19 yrs of age and two girls ages 16 and 18 yrs of age. They cleaned up their mess.
– two boys shoplifted from Safeway. They were not cooperative with Safeway staff in providing their personal details.
– suicidal 27 yr old man. Police spoke with the man. Unsubstantiated.
– a red CCM “AXE ONE” mountain bike was found by the Alliance Church and turned into the detachment.
– sexual assault investigation. Persons involved were under the age of consent of 16 yrs, but the age difference was less than two years and therefore not a criminal matter.
– theft from an unlocked grey 2004 GMC Sierra parked on Straume Ave. A Garmin hand held Dakota 10 GPS, a Motorola hand held mike with a 12 volt plug in, tools, and change were stolen.
– sexual assault and assault by Cassie Hall School. Under investigation.
– motorcycle driving at a high rate of speed on Scott Ave. Checks were done of area.
– cars speeding and spitting up rocks on Scott Ave. Ongoing issue.
– uttering threats investigation. An ex husband threatened to punch his ex wife in the head. Police spoke with the people involved.
– Mills Memorial Hospital requested police assistance with the apprehension of an overdue patient. He returned on his own accord an hour later.
– intoxicated man passed out on Haugland Ave. Police arrested a 50 yr old man for breaching a no contact order. Charge of breach is being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– a red 2001 Ford Mustang was pulled over for doing 96 km/hr in a 50 km/hr zone. The 18 yr old driver was issued violation ticket. The vehicle she was driving was impounded for 7 days.
– intoxicated woman staggering down Hwy 16 west. Checks were done of area.
– landlord / tenant issues on Little Ave. Landlord want police to evict friends of his tenant. Police did not get involved. It was a civil matter.
– false business alarm on Kalum St.
– disturbance with a group of people in George Little Park. Two men both 23 yrs of age were arrested for public intoxication.
– Loss Prevention Officer of Walmart arrested a 39 yr old man for shoplifting
– theft from an unlocked vehicle at Walmart. Two fishing rods, a black leather jacket, Olympus Infinity camera, and a signed lottery ticket were stolen.
– uttering threats via Facebook.
– a man could be heard banging, yelling, swearing at an apartment on Sparks St
– 17 yr old girl threatened her caregivers after she missed her curfew
– loud music coming from a neighbor’s on Kofoed Dr. Police attended and shut off a car radio that was left on.
– impaired driver was observed leaving the Northern Motor Inn in a white Dodge pickup truck. The driver failed a roadside breath test. The driver was issued an immediate roadside suspension and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
– threatening messages being left by a disgruntled former employee
– a woman drinking alcohol on the bus and getting off at Gitaus.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting “TERRACE plus your message” to 274637 (CRIMES).