THE Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 113 call for service from June 22, 8 AM to June 25, 8 AM. Six of these calls were for false alarms/911 calls.
During the same time period, 18 people were lodged in Terrace RCMP cells. 10 of these were for public intoxication. Here are some of the call police responded to.
– Vandalism to one of the sheds at the A&W on Keith Ave. The vinyl siding ripped off the roof.
– Domestic dispute. A 36 yr old man was arrested for assault. The women suffered minor injuries. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel. The Ministry of Children and Families assisted police.
– A black kayak paddle was stolen from the back of a truck parked at the Ambulance station on June 23 between noon and 4:30 PM. The paddle is an H2O, black in color, green blades, and yellow grips.
– Complaint of a quad running up and down Crescent St with no lights and no helmets. With the assistance of a Thornhill firefighter on a quad, police identified two boys ages 17 and 18 yrs of age responsible. They were dealt with accordingly.
– 62 yr old man deceased at a residence on Mountain Vista Dr.
– A black Ford Winstar van was pulled over on Hwy 16 west of Terrace for doing 151 km per hour. The 29 yr old driver was issued a violation ticket and the vehicle she was driving was impounded for 7 days.
– Thieves used a jack to remove all four tires with rims from a 2012 Chevrolet Orlando parked at McCarthy Motors sometime between midnight and 8 AM on June 23. The tires are Firestone 215/60R16 on aluminum rims.
– Break and enter with theft from the Ministry of Transportation compound on Keith Ave. Thieves cut a hole in the chain link fence on the east side and stole 120 feet of industrial grade 220 volt electrical cable. A truck was used to pull the cable to the dead end of Pohle Ave where it was then loaded. The theft occurred sometime between during the night of June 22/23.
– A woman stated that on June 22 at approximately 5 PM she was struck on the side of the side of the face by another woman and then this woman stole her purse containing her medications. This assault and theft possible occurred on or near Eby St. The thief is described as tall, skinny, wearing a black sweater and jeans, and may be named “Shelly” or “Sharon”.
– On June 23 at 10 PM a white 2001 Ford F350 pick up lost control on Thornhill St. Witnesses say the vehicle was traveling south on Thornhill St. at a high rate of speed, lost control, hit a power pole, and then rolled three times. The occupants climbed out of the vehicle and fled the scene in a green Land Rover. They had been drinking. The occupants were described as men in their 20 to 30’s. One had short sandy colored hair, 165 lbs, 5 ft 10 inches, white shirt, blue jeans, and had abrasions to his arms from the incident. The second occupant had short red hair and freckles, 6 ft 2 inches, 180 lbs, and was wearing an orange shirt and may have the name of “Eric”.
– During a check stop on Thornhill Frontage St a blue 1992 Dodge Spirit was checked. The 35 yr old driver did not have a valid driver’s licence. He was served a 90 day immediate roadside suspension and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.bccrimestoppers.com, or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).